New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 158 of 257 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2562
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Cayetano calls for 30-day moratorium on ‘no plate, no travel’ policy | Inquirer News

SENATE Majority Leader Alan Cayetano on Wednesday called for a 30-day moratorium on the “No Plate, No Travel” policy being implemented by the Land Transportation Office (LTO), saying “it’s unduly punishing motorists for the agency’s inefficiency.”

Cayetano made the call after the LTO and its license plate contractor reportedly failed to deliver and process license plates on new vehicles.

“People should not bear the burden of government inefficiency. Vehicle owners are penalized for not having license plates that the LTO and its private contractor failed to deliver on time,” he said in a statement.

“Media earlier reported the delay in the issuance of license plates by the LTO, creating an unnecessary backlog. Plus car dealers cite the insufficient LTO manpower involved in the releasing of plates. Thus, even though plates have been made available, issuing [these] to vehicles has been a slow process,” he pointed out.

The senator said a 30-day moratorium should straighten out “kinks” in the process, without unduly punishing motorists with fines.

The moratorium, he said, will give the private contractor time to produce the new plates, the LTO to overcome the backlog and car dealers to immediately claim the car plates of buyers. Car dealers earlier claimed they have paid LTO for the plates.

And to make sure the public would not be punished unwittingly because of government inefficiency, Cayetano said he will file a bill which will hold government officials and private contractors liable and accountable when there is a delay in government agency’s actions, which ultimately causes inconvenience to the public.

“Let’s make sure government officials and private contractors are doing their job,” he said. “And when they don’t, they should be the ones penalized and not the public.”

The LTO’s “No Plate, No Travel” policy took effect last April 1.

READ: LTO starts ‘no registration-no travel’ policy April 1

Under this regulation, vehicle owners will pay a P10,000 fine if their vehicles do not have updated plates and another P1,000 fine for the driver. If the driver is able to present only a certificate of registration and an official receipt as proof of registration, the driver will be fined P5,000 for failure to attach their license plates. AC
    Remove the politics and it's about time stupidity get corrected. Head of LTO should be hanged and so are dealers.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Cayetano calls for 30-day moratorium on ‘no plate, no travel’ policy | Inquirer News

Remove the politics and it's about time stupidity get corrected. Head of LTO should be hanged and so are dealers.
    ibig po bang sabihin na ito we can safely travel na without being apprehended? effective immediately po ba ito?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zerglingboy View Post
    ibig po bang sabihin na ito we can safely travel na without being apprehended? effective immediately po ba ito?
    Sana effective na.

Hindi totoo yung sinasabi ng LTO na wala nang backlog. Kasi yung sa kin 8 months na. LTO mismo nag sabi na di pa available plaka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hay buhay, sana nga ma lift na muna yang kalokohang policy na yan. 8 days without car and counting....me gana pang mag Company outing ang dealer ko today. Sa dami ng aasikasuhin, talaga naman.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Purposely drive ko pa rin auto ko even if I have other options. Kanina lang napunta ako Airport to pick up someone. I have no OR and CR yet, no plates too. If nahuli ako I will pass the fine to the dealer. I will just lawyer up and use the media pag nagkagaguhan.

Badtrip ako sa dealer sabihan ba naman ako wag muna idrive yung sasakyang hanggang wala pang plaka. Parang walang urgency sa kanila eh sila yong nagregister ng late.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Cayetano calls for 30-day moratorium on 'no plate, no travel' policy | Inquirer News

mukhang eto na ang hinihintay ng marami sating TRO, kaso medyo late ng isang linggo ang announcement. ok na rin kesa wala tayong depensa

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post
    Purposely drive ko pa rin auto ko even if I have other options. Kanina lang napunta ako Airport to pick up someone. I have no OR and CR yet, no plates too. If nahuli ako I will pass the fine to the dealer. I will just lawyer up and use the media pag nagkagaguhan.

Badtrip ako sa dealer sabihan ba naman ako wag muna idrive yung sasakyang hanggang wala pang plaka. Parang walang urgency sa kanila eh sila yong nagregister ng late.
    Sir mabuti hindi ka natitiyempuhan ng LTO flying squad. Wala din ako lahat docs, OR, CR at plates kasi sabi ng Dealer ko for submission pa lang daw, almost 3 months na yung car. Nagtitiis na lang ako commute sa office, grabe pa naman init. Kaya lang yung lakad ko sa sabado ang hindi pede walang car. Me LTO hulihan kaya pa g week ends?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post

Sir mabuti hindi ka natitiyempuhan ng LTO flying squad. Wala din ako lahat docs, OR, CR at plates kasi sabi ng Dealer ko for submission pa lang daw, almost 3 months na yung car. Nagtitiis na lang ako commute sa office, grabe pa naman init. Kaya lang yung lakad ko sa sabado ang hindi pede walang car. Me LTO hulihan kaya pa g week ends?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Morz View Post

Pumunta ka sa LTO office. Reklamo mo dealer mo. Pakita mo yung papers na late sila nag file. Tapos hingi ka ng authority to travel document. Yan lang naman gusto ng mga hayup sa LTO. Yung malinawan na wala daw silang kasalanan sa nangyayari. Kumbaga inunahan mo na yung apprehension and complaint process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sana nga magissue agad ng tro. . .tama naman si cayetano
    sabi ng sa ko e di raw pinaprocess ni lto yung mga oto na nairelease march 25 and later kasi inuuna nila yung jan to mar. . .

sabi ng sa ko e di raw pinaprocess ni lto yung mga oto na nairelease march 25 and later kasi inuuna nila yung jan to mar. . .

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post

Dami talaga backlog so papano magagwa in 7 days yung now lang binili. Lokohan naman talaga uy.