New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 257 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    When i called a friend from our local LTO ang sabi matagal na raw naman na in effect ang no plate no travel policy ng LTO. When i ask further how i can check if my vehicle has been registered already he said that unless i was issued an OR from LTO there is no way they can check if a new vehicle has been registered already or not. I guess LTO is just not strictly enforcing this no plate no travel policy because of the lobbying of vehicle importers and probably because they know that the problem exist. Having said that however, the consumer is the one suffering. .. kaya ako im just following up na lang lagi sa SA ko.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    OR/CR lang ba to sir o plates na yung nakuha mo sa 9 mos.?
    Nauna yung plates. Yung stickers after 1 month after pa kasabay yung or/cr

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I heard news that this might be postponed until the end of the year, unfortunately, no links to share but this was shared by a car dealer who is having talks with LTO.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yobma View Post
    When i called a friend from our local LTO ang sabi matagal na raw naman na in effect ang no plate no travel policy ng LTO. When i ask further how i can check if my vehicle has been registered already he said that unless i was issued an OR from LTO there is no way they can check if a new vehicle has been registered already or not. I guess LTO is just not strictly enforcing this no plate no travel policy because of the lobbying of vehicle importers and probably because they know that the problem exist. Having said that however, the consumer is the one suffering. .. kaya ako im just following up na lang lagi sa SA ko.
    your friend is correct.
    the no plate, no travel policy has been there for many years already.
    but it was during the late general angie reyes' time, that it figured prominently in its implementation.
    then, for some reason known only to practically everyone, there was a memo released, suspending the said policy "indefinitely". my SA even gave me a xerox copy of the memo.
    several months ago, there was a well-documented announcement (over the radio, no less!) that the no plate, no travel policy would be re-implemented. but strangely, no such re-implementation ensued.
    recently, another announcement for its re-implementation was released. someone (from cebu?) even said, they will start nov. 10.
    so is it true? i do not know... but my conduction-sticker-plated wigo will probably remain at home, until we get more definite news.. or until i get my new plates.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    your friend is correct.
    the no plate, no travel policy has been there for many years already.
    but it was during the late general angie reyes' time, that it figured prominently in its implementation.
    then, for some reason known only to practically everyone, there was a memo released, suspending the said policy "indefinitely". my SA even gave me a xerox copy of the memo.
    several months ago, there was a well-documented announcement (over the radio, no less!) that the no plate, no travel policy would be re-implemented. but strangely, no such re-implementation ensued.
    recently, another announcement for its re-implementation was released. someone (from cebu?) even said, they will start nov. 10.
    so is it true? i do not know... but my conduction-sticker-plated wigo will probably remain at home, until we get more definite news.. or until i get my new plates.
    Instead of us enjoying our new ride. I for instance have a conduction-sticker-plated Innova who will be used for a wedding ceremony this coming December will remain at home, also our Pangasinan trip next week.. arghh!!

Tayo na bumili, tayo gumastos, tayo mag titiis.. oh well!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ hindi ka ba binigyan madaming invoice with different dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So what's it gonna be?

Bukas na release ng Tucson ko!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    ^ hindi ka ba binigyan madaming invoice with different dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    isang tingin lang sa odometer natin, kita na ang bolahan...!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    isang tingin lang sa odometer natin, kita na ang bolahan...!
    Keep it on the trip meter and reset regularly.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Keep it on the trip meter and reset regularly.
    mautak, ser...
    "sabiko, odo, hindi trip! sige, pisilin mo ng ilang beses hanggang..."