New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do we really need a speedlimit in Metro Manila?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

5 26.32%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando.

1 5.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...set-in-QC-road

[SIZE=3]60km/hr speed limit set in QC road[/SIZE]

By Abigail Kwok
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 17:27:00 11/12/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- An ordinance imposing a 60-kilometer per hour speed limit along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City will be implemented starting next week, Land Transportation Office chief Bert Suansing said Wednesday.
    Suansing said this was based on Quezon City Ordinance 1836, which sets the speed limit for all types of vehicles.
    Manny Zabalsa, head of the Quezon City Department of Order and Safety, said the ordinance would be implemented by next Tuesday (Nov. 18).
    It is now an ordinance in QC, but how would they monitor such overspeeding? Hope they have the gadgets and hindi dagdag na dahilan para mangotong ang mga pulis.
    Last edited by Taurus; November 12th, 2008 at 08:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Speed limits are fine but do they know how slow 40km/h is? That's the speed we travel in residential areas not highways, make it at least 60 to 80 km/h to allow traffic flow.
    ...exactly!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Here's a picture of EDSA*Guadalupe Bridge, no idea what year it was taken though:

You can just see on the rightmost side of the picture the service road with a bus that ChevyChaser mentioned earlier. You will notice that EDSA was just three lanes wide.
    Here's another picture:

This and the previous pic were taken in 1973. This is after the Guadalupe area, southbound. Today, the area on the right side of the picture would lead to Rockwell.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Here's another picture:

This and the previous pic were taken in 1973. This is after the Guadalupe area, southbound. Today, the area on the right side of the picture would lead to Rockwell.
    ...and it seems like traffic along that area was already heavy even during those times hehe. looks like morning rush hour by the angle of the shadows.

anyway, ilimit na lang lateral movements ng vehicles rather than forward movements.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    even at 60 kph kung gigitgitin ka ng mga killer at balasubas bus na yan tatabi ka. dapat dyan lagyan ng island ang lanes nila instead of yellow mark para di sila makalabas, lahat ng PUV at taxi ikulong sa loob at dun sila mag gitgitan hanggang gusto nila....

tapos mga private vehicles naman ang mag-gigitgitan sa inner lanes

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    even at 60 kph kung gigitgitin ka ng mga killer at balasubas bus na yan tatabi ka. dapat dyan lagyan ng island ang lanes nila instead of yellow mark para di sila makalabas, lahat ng PUV at taxi ikulong sa loob at dun sila mag gitgitan hanggang gusto nila....

tapos mga private vehicles naman ang mag-gigitgitan sa inner lanes
    AMEN!!!

Kahit 160km/h speed limit no prob sa atin...

Commuters:

Let's all take the MRT to render killer buses obsolete...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    the only reason i drive at the speeds i do is because of the impatient, pompous prick behind me with a better and faster car who keeps flashing his headlights at me coz he can't overtake.

Imposing a 40km/h limit or 60km/h matters not to me, as long as we are sure that people abide. Otherwise, ganun din, labo2 nlang tayo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    ...and it seems like traffic along that area was already heavy even during those times hehe. looks like morning rush hour by the angle of the shadows.

anyway, ilimit na lang lateral movements ng vehicles rather than forward movements.

How I really miss those days. Drivers, both public and private vehicles were very disciplined. Of course, panahon kasi ng Martial Law.

I even remember when I used to ride my bicycle along Wilson street. You can make 10 circles before a car passes by. Today, there's not even room for people to walk on. :attack:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkay View Post
    the only reason i drive at the speeds i do is because of the impatient, pompous prick behind me with a better and faster car who keeps flashing his headlights at me coz he can't overtake.

Imposing a 40km/h limit or 60km/h matters not to me, as long as we are sure that people abide. Otherwise, ganun din, labo2 nlang tayo.
    There's always that prick on every major highway!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    There's always that prick on every major highway!!!
    And more often than not that prick has either a diplomatic or government license plate. :boo:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
In the news: 40 Km/h speedlimit proposed on Commonwealth and EDSA