New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I'm in Cebu and I saw at least 3 new cars with this plate number configuration.

Logically, 7 means the region where it is from. The "new" plates I saw still doesn't have stickers but curiosity got me when I saw also new cars without "proper" plates but with makeshift plates made from plastic/hard paper with the 7XX-XXX handwritten on it together with "no plate available"

So is this the new plate number configuration?

Now we know right away where region originally a car is from. I just wonder how about the old plates. Will it be compulsary to change old car plates? We just got a new car last January and had plates delivered about 3 weeks ago.

What do you think of this design and the logic behind it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    I'm in Cebu and I saw at least 3 new cars with this plate number configuration.

Logically, 7 means the region where it is from. The "new" plates I saw still doesn't have stickers but curiosity got me when I saw also new cars without "proper" plates but with makeshift plates made from plastic/hard paper with the 7XX-XXX handwritten on it together with "no plate available"

So is this the new plate number configuration?

Now we know right away where region originally a car is from. I just wonder how about the old plates. Will it be compulsary to change old car plates? We just got a new car last January and had plates delivered about 3 weeks ago.

What do you think of this design and the logic behind it?

may nakalagay na temporary plate sa taas,

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    Alam ko may mga nakikita ako na ganyang plate sa Cebu eh. Temporary plate sila, so they get the ordinary Y**-*** after ilang months

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    yes d'flash i've seen the "temporary plate" written above.

i am just curious as to why this particular owner tried, if he really did, to make it look like the regular plates.

sample photos below are the ones with just blank plates with written 7XX-XXX config.

still also, where do they get the letter/number config? is it just random on what the owner likes or "given" to them by the lto or some agency?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A long time ago when we got our AE101 from Toyota Cebu it had a white-painted plywood plate with 7C-**** written on it. Initiative ng LTO Cebu?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    paano naman ung mga older na tsikot tulad ng tsikot ko...

dati dito sa manila naka register...pero simula ng transfer sa name ko sa Nueva Ecija na siya naka register.
    makikita naman sa plate ko na NCR ung plate ko pero sa region naka register...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    di kaya yung 7 sa harap papalitan nila ng Y later on..

katuwa yung Alterra ah, nagpagawa pa talaga ng plaka.