New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    DI pa kasi nakaranas ng ganitong accidente...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Safety...anu yun? Bahala na diyos sa amin....

it just doesnt make sense to regulate where children should sit in car in a country where most children don't go around in a car
    Last edited by uls; December 7th, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: wala lang... edit lang... OC ako eh

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    If you have kids, I don't see this to be an issue. It's common sense not to let your kid sit in the front passenger seat.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dobemarbia View Post
    If you have kids, I don't see this to be an issue. It's common sense not to let your kid sit in the front passenger seat.
    It should be, but the answer is, as with anything involving motorcars: "It depends."

Typically, the middle seat in the back is THE safest position in an automobile with four doors and a trunk. Typically. You don't want children riding in front because airbags are a danger to children, whether they're in rear-facing childseat (neck-snapping whiplash from airbag explosion) or in a forward-facing booster (suffocation).

BUT... first-world laws vary on the legality of children in the front seat. And laws in the US vary from state to state.

If you're a single parent driving a single child, it's often much safer to have the child beside you, so you can keep them from opening the rear doors or power windows to lean out. On a car without a front passenger airbag or with a front passenger airbag deactivation device (mandatory in the US now), the front seat is just as safe as the rear seat for a child in a proper booster or rear-facing car seat, as long as it is properly affixed to the chair.

And that's not even considering how safe the child is in older vehicles without rear seatbelts, or in vehicles with side facing benches in the rear, with no seatbelts at all and a hard steel firewall right where the child's head will land if the vehicle comes to a sudden stop.

If I were driving an L200 / Hilux FB and had my child with me, no way in hell are they going to ride in the back on a highway. They're staying right beside me where they can be properly belted in. Tickets be damned.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what's next? car pool lane? hahahaha
    yung ginaya nilang divider lane ng bus rapid transport abroad causes so much traffic in commonwealth right now. :|
    Last edited by A121; December 11th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lawmakers dito marunong lang gumaya

meron din tayo dito "ways and means committee" (haha)

yung BFAD ginawang FDA (wtf)

baka magkaroon tayo ng agency in charge of "homeland security"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bawal magsakay ng bata sa front seat ng kotse?

Eh yung mga nagsasakay ng bata sa harap ng driver ng motorsiklo huhulihin ba nila? Pati pulis ginagawa yun pag hinahatid mga anak nila.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Bawal magsakay ng bata sa front seat ng kotse?

Eh yung mga nagsasakay ng bata sa harap ng driver ng motorsiklo huhulihin ba nila? Pati pulis ginagawa yun pag hinahatid mga anak nila.
    yup. like me said

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
New Ordinance: young children banned from sitting in front passenger seat in QC