New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by knight21 View Post
    ire-register mo yung vehicle. and yes stickers na lang ang babayaran mo plus the copy of the new OR. hth.
    ok sir thanks for the reply.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    I'll be getting my plates this coming Monday, but same as you, they don't have the sticker available yet. I'd prefer to mount them on the car already, but I'm also concerned about the lack of the sticker. Do people think it's advisable to do so? Particularly since I will have the OR/CR handy, to show that it is registered already.
    I just got my special plate but me too, the sticker is not available. I would prefer to mount it on the car. It is the least likely that we will be flag down by gators.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vhronx View Post
    I just got my special plate but me too, the sticker is not available. I would prefer to mount it on the car. It is the least likely that we will be flag down by gators.
    Mounted mine on the car as well, even without stickers. Anyway, the OR says "no sticker available", so that should suffice to keep the buwayas at bay.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bherto39 View Post
    I hope this is the right forum to post. I just want to aire and post my sentiment with how LTO handles scenario on cases like mine. So make sure before 3 years that your registration records has been uploaded to the LTO database by checking your LTO registry branch.

This is a brand new car purchased 2008. Here's what happened.

1. I bought the car in 2008 and I processed my registration renewal this 2011 - since for all brand new vehicles, initial registration is good for 3 years. The car dealer will initially process this for free, its part of their sales talk.
    Thoughts: after talking with LTO people, they mentioned that this caes happens most of the time specially when car dealers will process your car in a rushed manner. Or they have insiders who do the dirty jobs and it ends up jagged like this case.

2. Car is initially registered at LTO Las Pinas branch.
    - In 2008 after 1 week purchase car registation, CR- Certificate of Registration and OR - Official Receipt looks clean. Though with some hand written stuff on it like plate number not yet computer printed on the documents. (I suspect there's been some twisting that happened here.

3. Car registration does not appear when you do the LTO verification thru text. http://www.bncxe.org/archive/index.php/t-29521.html
    http://jameson168.wordpress.com/2009...-verification/
    Thoughts: so what happened here?

4. Now, After 3 years, I went to LTO to renew registration. Followed the steps
    1. Emission testing - testing centers said they can not find the record and can not do emission test for the vehicle as emission testing centers have direct access to LTO records.
    2. Insurance - no problem here.

So this is a dead end case, and will have to wait for LTO to upload records.
    5. I attempted to have to register vehicle on a different LTO Branch say San Pablo City Laguna.
    - this should be a fairly easy process just have to pay for Php 100 (Change Venue Fee)
    - the officer handling the registration asked me to wait until Las Pinas is able to upload the record to the database.
    Its beginning to manifest how rigged this process is.
    - 1st point LTO does not have a record that I went to their office and tried to do a registration process since I am only on the process
    of completing requirements for registration. So any proof that I attempted to register and that their system is having problems means that
    you will be penalized for late registration on this.
    - 2nd point expiration of registration is nearing in 2 weeks time so I will be charged penalty of php 1k+. However this LTOs process the burden of
    having your records uploaded to the STRADCOM system is passed to the car owner (how frustrating). how come they had 3 years time to upload the record
    to their databases, this means they did not do their job efficiently. now they're passing the burden to the car owner.
    - 3rd point
    6. After 1 week waiting, I went to Las Pinas to have the record uploaded. Presto it just took me 5 minutes and with a mouse click record is uploaded.
    - Is that simple enough that LTO will have you to go to the registration branch just to have the records uploaded. Red tape everywhere.

7. Emission Testing done, now we went to San Pablo LTO to register the car.
    - Officer handling the caes encounters an error in their databases. It says "should perform 4/1/11" a cryptic error message that even LTO folks don't understand.

So this is another dead end. They will have to make you wait until STRADCOM will fix the issue and you are doomed waiting for the deadline to come.

Tick tock... tick tock... (very frustrating process at LTO)

I hope they will soon have a fix for this. I'm still at square 1 trying to get this car registered for the first time after 3 years. Wish me luck sa mga susunod na LTO encounters.
    Finally po, after 2 weeks in waiting. yung regarding sa "should perform 4/1/11" (date) ay error message ng Stradcom system na nangyayari pag newly at late uploaded ang records nyo sa LTO. yung mga taga LTO peeps na nakaka alam by submitting a customer service records from LTO to Stradcom. so mejo may red tape din pala sa bandng yun ng transaction. After maayos yung error message voila may sticker na at or. ok na registration buzzer beater nanaman sa deadline ng rehistro which is this end of march.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mounted mine on the car as well, even without stickers. Anyway, the OR says "no sticker available", so that should suffice to keep the buwayas at bay.
    Sir, May news ka na sa sticker mo?___ Mine! wala pa rin bad talaga... Wala pang maayos na update si SA

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vhronx View Post
    Sir, May news ka na sa sticker mo?___ Mine! wala pa rin bad talaga... Wala pang maayos na update si SA
    Sorry to hear that bro - got mine yesterday, one week from the release of the plates, so not too bad.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Grabe the horror story nyo sa plates. I guess I am lucky. Got my car Feb 11, 2011 from Diamond EDSA Greenhills,. The dealer gave me the ff: when i left the dealer: set of dated DR and LTO certificate of registration, but no plate available.

I was flagged down twice once by MMDA - madali lang kasusap and just showed my DR and ayun pinaalis na ako. Following week later was flagged down by HPG mas strict and luckily I was given the LTO no plate receipt kaya I was let go as well.

3 weeks later received my plates complete with OR?CR and Stickers.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sorry to hear that bro - got mine yesterday, one week from the release of the plates, so not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    Grabe the horror story nyo sa plates. I guess I am lucky. Got my car Feb 11, 2011 from Diamond EDSA Greenhills,. The dealer gave me the ff: when i left the dealer: set of dated DR and LTO certificate of registration, but no plate available.

I was flagged down twice once by MMDA - madali lang kasusap and just showed my DR and ayun pinaalis na ako. Following week later was flagged down by HPG mas strict and luckily I was given the LTO no plate receipt kaya I was let go as well.

3 weeks later received my plates complete with OR?CR and Stickers.

Some guys are just not lucky. Unlucky me!
    Hope it will be available next week.....:cheer2:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Tsikoters!

I share the same sentiments with you guys. Purchased my car in late Dec 2010 and until now, I still don't have my plate.

Two weeks ago, the CSR was released from customs and last week, only OR/CR plus certification of no plate available was given to me by my SA. No plate available pa raw sabe "daw" ng LTO.

It's been almost 4 months since I purchased the car and twice na akong napara ng mga enforcers dahil sa wala akong plate.

Hopefully, I will be able to get it after holy week.

Question po: Will OR/CR & certificate from LTO suffice to show sa mga enforcers pag napara na naman ako?

Ang mejo hassle lang kasi, pag pinara ka, kung ano anong violations ang sasabihin like in one of my experiences, dahil automatic transmission daw ako, my license should have restriction "4" which is sinabe ko na, restriction "2" is for auto and manual transmission pero siyempre hindi patulo si "pulis" kaya ayun, bigay na lang para ndi maconfiscate ang license. Haisz!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nakuha nyo na ba mga plates nyo?

Got my car last June 5, hanggang ngayon wala pa din akong plate number or any OR.

May problema pa rin ba sa LTO ngayon? Or mabagal lang talaga SA ko?

Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
new car registration