New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ei guys.. need your(expert's) help..
    Got my first car last week of May and nakuha ko yung plate number from my dealer 3rd wk of June,
    kaso wala pang sticker, to follow pa daw. And yung copy ng OR/CR ko di rin nakaindicate yung
    plate number (normal lang po ba to?, di ko pa pwdeng gamitin yung plate number?).
    Tinanong ko yung dealer regarding don sa OR/CR kung bakit di nakaindicate yung plate number, parang
    di sila aware, tapos pwede raw naman isulat na lang siya kung wala . (Tama po ba to?... )

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No. Definitely the plates numbers have to be indicated in the OR/CR. OR/CR are legal documents better be safe than sorry. As for the LTO stickers I find it weird na hindi pa nasama yun. Eh sa totoo lang mass produced naman mga stickers eh.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by destmonm View Post
    Ei guys.. need your(expert's) help..
    Got my first car last week of May and nakuha ko yung plate number from my dealer 3rd wk of June,
    kaso wala pang sticker, to follow pa daw. And yung copy ng OR/CR ko di rin nakaindicate yung
    plate number (normal lang po ba to?, di ko pa pwdeng gamitin yung plate number?).
    Tinanong ko yung dealer regarding don sa OR/CR kung bakit di nakaindicate yung plate number, parang
    di sila aware, tapos pwede raw naman isulat na lang siya kung wala . (Tama po ba to?... )
    This is an opportunity created by some LTO person to make money again three years from now. They're releasing the OR/CR even though the car has not been officially registered.

What will happen is that when the vehicle is due for registration again in 2012 (three years kasi ang initial registration), the LTO will say that your vehicle's registration has not been properly "uploaded" into their system. And you will need to do "something" to have someone "upload" it.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    This is an opportunity created by some LTO person to make money again three years from now. They're releasing the OR/CR even though the car has not been officially registered.

What will happen is that when the vehicle is due for registration again in 2012 (three years kasi ang initial registration), the LTO will say that your vehicle's registration has not been properly "uploaded" into their system. And you will need to do "something" to have someone "upload" it.
    arggg!!!! this is not good!!!! maraming salamat for that info... good thing I saw this forum... nagcheck din ako via sms nung plate number ko reply is no record found...
    hindi ba dapat responsibilty na rin to ng dealer na nagfile ng registration ko? Can I hold them responsible, para ayusin yung registration ng car ko?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by destmonm View Post
    arggg!!!! this is not good!!!! maraming salamat for that info... good thing I saw this forum... nagcheck din ako via sms nung plate number ko reply is no record found...
    hindi ba dapat responsibilty na rin to ng dealer na nagfile ng registration ko? Can I hold them responsible, para ayusin yung registration ng car ko?
    Ganyan din ako. There's no record of my car when I check it via SMS for three years. Having said that, I don't think you'll have a problem over that period.

Medyo matutuyo lang ang dugo mo kapag kailangan mo nang i-register again. You have to pester the LTO (or get your dealer to pester them) to have them "upload" it into their system.
    Last edited by creepy; June 25th, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Ganyan din ako. There's no record of my car when I check it via SMS for three years. Having said that, I don't think you'll have a problem over that period.

Medyo matutuyo lang ang dugo mo kapag kailangan mo nang i-register again. You have to pester the LTO (or get your dealer to pester them) to have them "upload" it into their system.
    sir, paano nga po yung pag-inquire sa LTO thru text? i still remember, text it to 2600 db, but the content, cant recall...TIA

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    sir, paano nga po yung pag-inquire sa LTO thru text? i still remember, text it to 2600 db, but the content, cant recall...TIA
    Text LTO VEHICLE <plate number> to 2600

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
new car and no plate no travel policy