New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I saw this on my FB feed, kapag ganyan ba kasikip hindi talaga makakalabas yung car sa loob ng garage (especially if the gate opens outward)

It seems like the apartments kinain ng gate yung sidewalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I saw this on my FB feed, kapag ganyan ba kasikip hindi talaga makakalabas yung car sa loob ng garage (especially if the gate opens outward)

It seems like the apartments kinain ng gate yung sidewalk

if my guesstimate is any accurate,
    it would seem that even a wigo may have to lagare its way in and out of the garage, and with some difficfulty.

and if the foreground is any indication,
    yes, it would appear that the enclosing gates might have ursurped the public sidewalk for private use.
    but if that were true, is it possible that the building at the far background, was built partly on sidewalk property?
    but i suppose only city hall can decide that.
    it is not easy to accurately extrapolate, at an angle...

... is that a no-parking sign to the right of the parked pick up?

and if that pick up is government-owned,
    i would like authorities to to know the plate number, and find out which irresponsible driver parked it there.
    government people have to be examples of good behavior, and not misbehavior.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 6th, 2022 at 04:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if my guesstimate is any accurate,
    it would seem that even a wigo may have to lagare its way in and out of the garage.

and if the foreground is any indication,
    yes, it would appear that the enclosing gates might have ursurped the public sidewalk for private use.
    Maybe, or maybe another story.

I've encountered a lot in Manila, everything seemed "okay". Owner who I talked to didn't have any issue about the lot. Didn't have a Survey of the Lot Plan.

After a surveyor was invited to check the property, the final survey plan revealed that....

The property was still in the Spanish title format, not translated but it can be "decoded" by the surveyor/engineer doing it.

There was no mention in any title or document about possible road widening for the street. The street "may have" originally just been an alley (enough for 1 car width). Present width of the street can now accomodate a parked car and a passthrough vehicle. Road is one-way.

But his title shows he actually owns the whole sidewalk in front of him and a part of the road. It was never bought by the government back from him or the previous owner. He is actually paying for Real Property Tax per the land area as indicated in the title, none the wiser since he acquired the land.

So, it might not just be a simple case of the structure encoraching into the sidewalk, but rather that the "sidewalk" is still "technically" part of the lot owner's property and never repossessed/bought by the government/LGU.

If you also project the line of the gate further back in a straight line as it "meets the street" you can see the building in back actually also have their wall at ground floor along the same line, meaning the property owners are most likely working on the same reference line as the "start of the property" that abuts the public road.

For info.

But, the pickup shouldn't be parking there. To be frank, I wonder why the property owners never took to task their barangay to make sure no one parks there on that street as it bothers every one who actually lives in the barangay. You can actually complain to your barangay. At worst, you can have them put up the post that is a "no parking" sign.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some years ago,
    we visited tondo.
    we saw a house, where an obvious manila-government streetlight was growing in the middle of the house's sala.
    "what gives?"
    "doc, libre ilaw."
    highs.

5. Join Date
    May 2019
    Maraming galit dito sa current admin ng HOA ng Subd.. Pinatanggal kasi ng President yung pagpa-park sa kalsada sa main street.. Yung mga hindi sumunod, pinapa-clamping sa Barangay kaya magbabayad din ng fine..
    Kapag may bisita din, bawal pa din mag-park sa kalsada sa main street kaya hahanap pa sa ibang street na walang maiistorbo..
    Yung mga walang parking, naghanap sila alternative.. Yung iba nag-rent ng ibang lote para lang may paglagyan ng mga sasakyan nila..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Maraming galit dito sa current admin ng HOA ng Subd.. Pinatanggal kasi ng President yung pagpa-park sa kalsada sa main street.. Yung mga hindi sumunod, pinapa-clamping sa Barangay kaya magbabayad din ng fine..
    Kapag may bisita din, bawal pa din mag-park sa kalsada sa main street kaya hahanap pa sa ibang street na walang maiistorbo..
    Yung mga walang parking, naghanap sila alternative.. Yung iba nag-rent ng ibang lote para lang may paglagyan ng mga sasakyan nila..
    if i may,
    parking along a wide-enough private street, is fraught with likes and dislikes.
    it's a give-and-take, and sometimes, they all want to take and nobody wants to give.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if i may,
    parking along a wide-enough private street, is fraught with likes and dislikes.
    it's a give-and-take, and sometimes, they all want to take and nobody wants to give.
    dapat naman talaga no parking sa "main street" kase dyan madami dumadaan kase nga "main" street siya...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    dapat naman talaga no parking sa "main street" kase dyan madami dumadaan kase nga "main" street siya...
    the road may be so wide as to allow for (unsightly?) parking and yet still insure fast and wide drive-thru.
    so, it would depend on the homeowners' association objectives.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    It's the main street of the subdivision, meaning the highest volume of traffic expected to pass through within the subdivision. That is the correct move, as you mentioned pwede sa connector/side street magpark naman. Meaning, hindi naman unreasonable yung HOA/Brgy na "lahat bawal paradahan".

Pasalamat na nga ganyan yung brgy can enforce. Sa area namin, yung mga main "secondary" nakalagay no parking on both side, nagtowing ang LGU sa area namin, pero sige pa din sa parada yung mga taga rito sa amin. Ang masama, makitid na kalsada, andaming mahilig magpark mismo sa kanto, on both side pa. Walang pakialam sa mga gusto pumasok ng kalsada. Kahit na ilang report na sa mga ganun sa brgy, walang pakialam sa naagrabyado nila na ibang tao dahil "convenient" sa kanila dun magpark dahil "malapit" sa tirahan nila.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20220710_100857.jpg  
    Last edited by BratPAQ; October 9th, 2022 at 06:38 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast