New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I get it was an electrical error/fault (Short Circuit ang asa news that caused the fire). I wonder who was responsible for checking up on it.

It is odd though na walang protection yung system? Or sinadya/pinabayaan lang talaga na masira? Kasi I would say meron yan, malabong wala.

So nasugat ba yung insulators then and they made "contact" inside the "rectifier room" that caused the fire as it was after the safety protection of the system?

But if nasugat/nabalatan yung insulation, dapat nakita din during inspection e (unless wala nagcheck up talaga)

Medyo weird lang ang "pangyayari".

Parang yung pagkaputol ng overhead catenary cables ng MRT.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I saw in a lot of the video footages of the LRT electrical fire, firemen were spraying it with water..... which is a no-no on electrical fires.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I get it was an electrical error/fault (Short Circuit ang asa news that caused the fire). I wonder who was responsible for checking up on it.

It is odd though na walang protection yung system? Or sinadya/pinabayaan lang talaga na masira? Kasi I would say meron yan, malabong wala.

So nasugat ba yung insulators then and they made "contact" inside the "rectifier room" that caused the fire as it was after the safety protection of the system?

But if nasugat/nabalatan yung insulation, dapat nakita din during inspection e (unless wala nagcheck up talaga)

Medyo weird lang ang "pangyayari".

Parang yung pagkaputol ng overhead catenary cables ng MRT.
    Most likely. Narepair na at patse patse ang pagkagawa at may nabypass.

Update: sabi sa news bago bago pa daw pala yung mga units. Oh no....

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Most likely. Narepair na at patse patse ang pagkagawa at may nabypass.

Update: sabi sa news bago bago pa daw pala yung mga units. Oh no....

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Havent seen that news update yet.

Pero if that is the case, then patay yung nagkabit ba dahil hindi pa tumagal ng taon? (if ilang weeks old palang?)

Pero kung 'bago' nila is less than 5 years old pa lang siya, negligence na yun on their part.

Criminal na ata diba kasi affected public safety? Not sure. But still, kapabayaan kasi sa equipment/inspection sigurado yan.

Tapos kung sa electrical fire, dapat may special class extinguishing chemicsl on hand sila for that case, kung hindi, dapat wala silang FSIC, fire safety inspection certificate.

Meron din dapat sila certificate of electrical inspection, CEI.

So, sino ilalaglag nila?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I saw in a lot of the video footages of the LRT electrical fire, firemen were spraying it with water..... which is a no-no on electrical fires.
    Local BFP says they can use water on electrical fires but not continuous stream of water.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why is it gonna take nine months of forever?
    why not order the parts now pali pali and have them shipped here by fastest mode?
    are they scrimping?
    structural evaluation? does it take that long?
    doesn't the cost of commuter hardship count anymore?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 5th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why is it gonna take nine months of forever?
    why not order the parts now pali pali and have them shipped here by fastest mode?
    are they scrimping?
    doesn't the cost of commuter hardship count anymore?
    It is a "precision" part like high voltage transformers. They are usually ordered in advance (we're talking months) then shipped as we generally don't have the manufacturing capability here.

The "normal" transformers we have here through Meralco are usually rented but have "limited scope". If you need something more, you need to buy them overseas (at least based on my experience).

But this isn't just a transformer, it is a rectifier (AC to DC) for a high voltage installation, which is more uncommon.

And this is the reason why I believe LRT Management needs to be held accountable for criminal negligence when it comes to inspection and maintenance. They should have known these things before hand, yet didn't seem to "care"?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't know...
    certainly, we aren't the only country in the world to operate a light railway transit...
    even if parts are made-to-order...

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't know...
    certainly, we aren't the only country in the world to operate a light railway transit...
    even if parts are made-to-order...
    Yup, I do agree with you there.

But like in a project I worked on before, the client wanted to buy his own transformer. He found out the price, was fine with it. But even if he paid the asking price, he would still need to wait for the factory to complete fabrication for 2 months, then shipping, customs clearing. The timetable we got then (this was around 2010) was four to six months to have it on site.

No idea specifically about rectifiers but I would assume we are looking at similar scenarios because I doubt it is just parts of the whole that need to be replaced, but it needs the whole thing to be replaced because of fire then water damage.