New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    More like stiricter sales of motorbikes to only those with a existing drivers license...

Motorcycle riders may soon be banned from Edsa, a possibility being considered by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority to reduce the number of vehicles and road crash incidents along the major thoroughfare.

According to Bong Nebrija, MMDA operations supervisor, the Metro Manila Council (MMC) tasked the agency to conduct a comprehensive study on the proposed policy, considering that motorcycles account for the highest fatal crash rate in Metro Manila.

Based on the MMDA’s data, 218 of 426 fatal crashes last year involved motorcycles.

From January to September this year, the agency has already recorded 157 fatal crashes involving motorcycles.

Read more: MMDA studying possibility of banning motorcycles from Edsa | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 8th, 2017 at 10:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    daily accidents along edsa... imagine the minutes added to travel times..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm not complaining

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pano na yung pizza? at yung bubuyog? at yung payaso?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    We still see tricycles, bicycles, e-bikes, and pedicabs on EDSA (and on the fast lane too!) so I don't see how the heck will they be able to implement this properly.

While we're at it, EDSA (and similar 8+ lane roads like C5, Commonwealth and Roxas Blvd) should really only be for private vehicles, taxis, and buses. Trucks, PUJs, trikes, horses, pedicabs, kuligligs, karitons, e-bikes, bicycles, etc, shouldn't be on these roads.

MMDA studying possibility of banning motorcycles from Edsa