New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yun sa Cebu daw hybrid stoplight. Timer and adaptive combination bakit hinde gawin din dito yan?

Problema dito sa MMDA it's one way or the other lang pwede naman pala combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    in my meanderings in NCR,
    i find many of the timers shut off.
    they used to be on.
    why?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Oo nga. Kung may countdown kahit 30 seconds pa natira at wala na sasakyan , jump the countdown to 3 seconds na lang to stop.
    nakakaloko yan.
    with more than 15 seconds yet to go,
    the driver prepared to cross the intersection.
    then, ....
    biglang nag- 3-2-1. red!
    i had to step on the brakes, hard.
    personal experience.
    the over-ride should be advertised by a counting yellow light.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in recent days,
    an authority revealed the breakdown of the penalties paid by the erring driver.
    70 % goes to the guys who installed the camera and electronic doodads,
    and only 30 % goes to city hall.
    no wonder some entities are insisting hard, to continue with the no-contact-apprehension policy!
    that's easy money to city hall at absolutely zero effort, and a veritable gold mine for the camera installers.

i don't know,
    that 70-30 split seems... not fair to the government.
    it's as if law enforcement has been franchised to private enterprise.

and what about LTO? what do they get?
    for without LTO's cooperation, city hall won't get to collect from the drivers concerned.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 15th, 2022 at 05:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nakakaloko yan.
    then, ....
    biglang nag- 3-2-1. red!
    personal experience.
    I think dapat sa start pa lang ng green light eh bawas na agad yung timer pag konti lang ang volume ng vehicle. For example kung ang normal na duration eh 1 minute, tapos na-detect ng camera na konti lang ang volume ng cars pag nag-green light na start na agad for example sa 20 seconds na lang ang timer. Possible naman yan, napaka-simple logic lang yan, kaya dapat available na yang technology na yan..Iba pa rin kasi pag may timer mas madaling sundan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drawdee View Post
    I think dapat sa start pa lang ng green light eh bawas na agad yung timer pag konti lang ang volume ng vehicle. For example kung ang normal na duration eh 1 minute, tapos na-detect ng camera na konti lang ang volume ng cars pag nag-green light na start na agad for example sa 20 seconds na lang ang timer. Possible naman yan, napaka-simple logic lang yan, kaya dapat available na yang technology na yan..Iba pa rin kasi pag may timer mas madaling sundan.
    in my opinion,
    i-ilan lang naman yang nau-ubusan nang kotseng intersection.
    many of our corners are always full of cars.
    even near midnight.

authorities and decision-makers should take a look-see around their areas of responsibility, and see which corners may not benefit from such so-called intelligent traffic programs.
    there is no such thing as "one size fits all" in stop lights.

and that carousel-type bus system.
    they may say that it is not working well because of this-or-that,
    but the bottom line is,
    it ain't working as expected.
    and they do not have the fix-up solution.
    well, if the previous system worked better, then by all means, let us revert to it.
    ... wala pang pasok mga estudyante, ha...

rant.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 15th, 2022 at 07:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nakakaloko yan.
    then, ....
    biglang nag- 3-2-1. red!
    personal experience.
    I don't think you understood my post. If 30 seconds is left but there are no more vehicles using the green light, then the countdown can drop to 3. No one would be affected because no vehicles is using that green light anymore.

Also I'm saying 3 seconds because it's the standard time of yellow light, they can use 3 seconds or yellow light or both.
    Last edited by BratPAQ; August 15th, 2022 at 07:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I don't think you understood my post. If 30 seconds is left but there are no more vehicles using the green light, then the countdown can drop to 3. No one would be affected because no vehicles is using that green light anymore.

Also I'm saying 3 seconds because it's the standard time of yellow light, they can use 3 seconds or yellow light or both.
    apologies.
    i was narrating my personal experience.
    the particular stoplight i refered to, would, back then, skip the count from 17, jumping to 3-2-1, even as i was approaching.
    defective? perhaps.
    back-taking? definitely.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Kaso.. yellow light here means beating the red light... ganyan ka tanga mga enforcer...

Yan yata gusto ng MMDA.. adaptive lights.. na pwede mag adjust depende sa dami ng cars... pero mas ok nga kung may counter para di nakaka gulat

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Kaso.. yellow light here means beating the red light... ganyan ka tanga mga enforcer...

Yan yata gusto ng MMDA.. adaptive lights.. na pwede mag adjust depende sa dami ng cars... pero mas ok nga kung may counter para di nakaka gulat
    wait, the enforcers are Filipinos, the enforcers are also govt representatives, can we conclude tanga ang mga Filipinos???

o ang pang aapi ng gobyerno mula pa nuong panahon ng kastila ay nananatili hangang ngayon at dapat na tayo mag aklas muli laban sa mapang api gobyerno???
    Last edited by Stigg ma; August 15th, 2022 at 10:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ano nga ba ang definition ng LTO for "beating the red light"?

Is it different from simply "running the red light"?

I've always interpreted it as accelerating (instead of slowing down) when you're still some distance away from the intersection and the light just turned yellow.

LTO-Western Visayas official sacked for beating red light

MMDA set to enforce no-contact apprehension policy