New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Sino sa inyo nakakaalala?

1. QC Memorial Circle used to be a two-way rotunda?
    2. Intersection of Quezon Avenue and EDSA was a rotunda?
    3. Intersection of Quezon Avenue and West Ave/Timog Ave was also a rotunda? Nandito yung Circle tsaka yung Delta Cinemas.

I just can't recall kung may isa pang rotunda in-between West Ave and Welcome Rotunda. I think sa bandang Pantranco yata.

Hehe, just reminishing my High School Days back in the 80's.
    Yung no. 1 na lang yata naalala ko. I couldn't remember that Q. Ave./ EDSA intersection was a rotunda, and I was working in this area for close to ~20 years already.

Better than Rotundas I think eh yung mga stoplights with timers. At least even a 100m from the intersection you can already estimate if you can make it from the number of seconds remaining. Saves your clutch also, as coming to a stop in the intersection, you know whether to shift to (N)eutral/(P)ark or just stay in (D)rive).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Sino sa inyo nakakaalala?

1. QC Memorial Circle used to be a two-way rotunda?
    2. Intersection of Quezon Avenue and EDSA was a rotunda?
    3. Intersection of Quezon Avenue and West Ave/Timog Ave was also a rotunda? Nandito yung Circle tsaka yung Delta Cinemas.

I just can't recall kung may isa pang rotunda in-between West Ave and Welcome Rotunda. I think sa bandang Pantranco yata.

Hehe, just reminishing my High School Days back in the 80's.
    Parang yung number 1 lang ang naabutan ko.

The Sucat interchange also had rotundas before.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Dito sa Park and Fly meron narin pati yung papunta sa NAIA Terminal 2.
    Halatang hindi pinagaralan at basta basta lang inilagay for asthetic purposes.
    Paano bibilis traffic if yung rotunda itself is blocking one lane of cars? Ang nangyayari, nag gigitgitan yung mga kotse papunta sa outer lane.

Dapat kasi engineer yung nasa upuan, hindi abugado

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MMDA inaugurates portable rotunda