New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Handa mo lang sarili mo. You started the thread so be prepared for the responses. 2 cents ko lang.

Back to topic, what I admire about BF is that he has the will to implement changes, no matter how unpopular sila. Tignan mo lang mga u-turns. So many people curse them but if you remove them now at ibalik mo traffic lights, grabe ang hintayan mo araw araw.

Sure, not all the things he implements work. I myself am not a fan of those pink fences as I see kulang lang talaga disiplina karamihan ng mga bus drivers. His way of thinking is to cage these drivers to the lanes where they should belong.

MMDA is a very good idea on our setup of multiple cities linked together. Each city usually has an egotistical mayor that always thinks that his ideas are better than the others. Therefore such is the need for MMDA. One poster suggested the return of a NCR governor post. I'm all for that.
    BF has an ego as big or even bigger than the mayors...talagang hinde magkakasundo yan...

I read it this morning in one of the papers that since the mayors and MMDA chair are always at odds..it is better that the " MMDA chair may be revolved among the Metro mayors, with the mayors electing one of their own for a one-year term with no re-election."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't agree that the MMDA should be abolished. If anything, it needs more teeth to really keep those PUVs and their LGU protectors in line (summary fines, impounding of vehicles, dismantling of illegal terminals). Amendments should be introduced to the Local Government Code making local ordinances inconsistent with national traffic laws invalid. BF, on the other hand, should have more common sense in implementing his zany traffic solutions since they don't always work.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    BF has an ego as big or even bigger than the mayors...talagang hinde magkakasundo yan...

I read it this morning in one of the papers that since the mayors and MMDA chair are always at odds..it is better that the " MMDA chair may be revolved among the Metro mayors, with the mayors electing one of their own for a one-year term with no re-election."
    True that BF has a big ego but I think that is what the MMDA chief has to have balls, so that he could rise above all mayors and get things implemented. That is why a governor should be voted by the people na lang to at least put these mayors in their proper places.

Revolving these mayors as MMDA head would do no good either since it is highly likely that each mayor will just remove all projects the previous mayor did, and implement his own projects. It would be a waste of resource and money.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm no big fan of BF, but I support his draconian measures to install order in MM. I don't know why Nognog is seething, but it seems he objects to BF's projects merely for the sake of objecting, kasi nasapawan siya ni BF.

Wala rin namang nagawa si Binay during his term. Coddler din siya ng mga squatter kasi maraming boto.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

technically, one of their own naman ngaun ah. asawa ni BF mayor ng Marikina so bale sya na din yun

BF should have an ego. leader sya eh. hindi pupuwede mahina loob sa ganyan position.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I'm no big fan of BF, but I support his draconian measures to install order in MM. I don't know why Nognog is seething, but it seems he objects to BF's projects merely for the sake of objecting, kasi nasapawan siya ni BF.

Wala rin namang nagawa si Binay during his term. Coddler din siya ng mga squatter kasi maraming boto.
    bec. part of the campaign money na ginagamit nya laban sa administrasyon eh kinukuha nya sa traffic. pag take-over ng MMDA, malalagasan sya ng pang-pondo kasi ma-a-accounting na eh

it's already a fact na halos sing sama na ng Pasay ang mga public roads sa Makati, kasi hindi na siya gano natutulungan ng Pro-admin DPWH

pasensya sya, puro laban kasi sa administrasyon ang ginagawa nya eh di napulitika sya, gumawa sya ng sarili nya pera ngaun

kung sinasabi nya na sa mga legit fund collection projects lang nya nakukuha yun pamimigay ng libreng health card sa masa ng Makati, eh di dapat di sya nababahala kung i-take over man ng MMDA ang Makati traffic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MMDA do they really help in development? or do they just develop themselves??