New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post
    I think MMDA tried experimenting with that a few years back. Southbound u-turn was moved under the Libis flyover, but the sheer volume of vehicles combined with Marcos hiway-bound traffic clogged the service road to Libis so binalik din sa BMW u-turn slot.

Bakit nga ba we keep on insisting on the u-turn system? Baka mas ok pa kung i-open ang intersection ng Eastwood: 5 minutes green time for C5 NB/SB, 1 minute green time for left turning vehicles.

Or, have all PUJs turn right on Calle Industria and pass INSIDE Eastwood (tutal Eastwood employees naman ang mga pasahero) and return on C5 at GenTex. Let Megaworld discipline the PUJs inside their turf, tutal sila ang gumawa ng Eastwood without any proper ingress/egress or any consideration sa public transpo access ng clientele nila. Pero syempre hindi papayag ang Megaworld.
    Malaki yung bayad ng Megaworld sa QC government in terms of taxes kaya napapakinggan yung gusto nila. Of course di sila gagaya sa Rockwell who (if i'm not mistaken) constructed the EDSA - Rockwell flyover before.

Closing it during rush hour is on a weekday is a good compromise since Eastwood complained of lower mall traffic when it was closed permanently before; at least pag weekends and low hours, oks pa rin dumaan. The only thing here is that the traffic in the C5 - Greenmeadows U-turn slot will definitely increase and cause a new choke point.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition to this, can the MMDA also ensure that the once open slots they blocked off are indeed completely blocked off? Sure they blocked them off to prevent anything from an MC to pass, but its these MCs that pass thru them to save some time, thereby endangering themselves and other motorists who take the long way around.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Closing it during rush hour is on a weekday is a good compromise since Eastwood complained of lower mall traffic when it was closed permanently before; at least pag weekends and low hours, oks pa rin dumaan. The only thing here is that the traffic in the C5 - Greenmeadows U-turn slot will definitely increase and cause a new choke point.
    isa pa yang U-turn slot na yan. dapat bawal pinagbabawal mag-U-turn dun pag galing ng Greenmeadows tapos strictly 1 lane only ung U-turn lane.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Heck, dapat isinabay na nila yun U-turn slot sa West Ave! Palagi nalang traffic doon. Tapos sabay huli na rin sa mga pasaway na PUV na nagsasakay sa may footbridge ng West Ave. Haaay naku Tolentino, beautiful eyes lang talaga ang alam mong gawin.

I dunno kung ok ang idea nila na buksan ulit ang mga intersections along Q. Ave. I am fearing of a worse traffic pagdating ng Roosevelt area going Elliptical Road.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i-close ang MMDA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12