New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    I don't have any against the decision of court of appeals. Ang sa akin lang, sure ball naman na mag appeal pa ang city of Taguig eh. Baket etong si Junjun agad agad i-take over ang BGC? Hinde ba dapat hintayin na lang muna ang decision ng supreme court bago gumawa ng hakbang?
    mag-a-appeal daw ang taguig sabi sa balita, pero ang akin syempre sisimulan na ng makati yan hindi na hihintayin yung appeal. pano kung di mag-appeal eh di parang naghintay sa wala.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Magkakadilaw na buwaya na sa Fort kapag magkataon.

Bakit nga pala ang daming yellow boys ni Binay na nagkakakaway at nanghuhuli sa C5, near kalayaan? National road ang C5, not their jurisdiction.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Magkakadilaw na buwaya na sa Fort kapag magkataon.

Bakit nga pala ang daming yellow boys ni Binay na nagkakakaway at nanghuhuli sa C5, near kalayaan? National road ang C5, not their jurisdiction.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure ka naka dilaw sila? Mga blue boys ng Pasig ASBU yun sir eh. Puntirya nun mga mausok na sasakyan kaya lagi trapik dyan sa area na yan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Baka pati parking sa BGC maging mahal na
    yun eh kung may makita kang parking. hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yun eh kung may makita kang parking. hehehehe.
    Sinabi mo pa. I was seriously in line for 1.5 hrs. I wanted to run amok Nakakahinayang na kasi umalis sa pila.

Are there any lawyers that can clarify? Isn't BGC supposed to be under Taguig while the case is on appeal?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 7th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    According to Mayor Junjun, the CA has lifted the restraining order imposed Regional Trial Court "with immediate effect". Unless Taguig can get a TRO from a court higher than the CA, they have to abide.

Makati mayor sees ‘takeover’ of Bonifacio Global City in 2 weeks
    By Jaymee T. Gamil
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    5:54 am | Wednesday, August 7th, 2013

MANILA, Philippines—A day after the Court of Appeals sided with Makati city on a two-decade-old dispute with Taguig city over Fort Bonifacio, the former’s local government is already prepping for a “smooth transition.”

“Expect that maybe in two weeks, you will see the presence of Makati there,” Mayor Jejomar Erwin Binay Jr. said in a press briefing in his office on Tuesday morning.

“We will make our presence felt in the area. We will place our personnel there, then start implementing our laws,” he said, adding that he has been meeting with the Makati assessor, engineer, administrator and some businessmen operating in the two cities.

“There” refers to a territory bordering the two cities, composed of the Embo barangays (villages)—Cembo, South Cembo, West Rembo, East Rembo, Comembo, Pembo and Pitogo, and Inner Fort barangays Post Proper Northside and Southside.

The appellate court, in a 37-page promulgation last July 30, confirmed that the disputed areas were within the territorial jurisdiction of Makati, and ordered Taguig to “immediately cease and desist from exercising jurisdiction within the disputed area and return the same to Makati.”

Under the territorial dispute, which started in 1993, Binay said a preliminary injunction was issued against Makati in 1994 from exercising jurisdiction over the Inner Fort. This injunction was also lifted by the CA decision.

“We couldn’t move there because of the injunction, but now it’s been lifted, we can move forward. We really need to fix that place. They were the ones who were most victimized,” Binay said, adding that the Barangays Northside and Southside residents have been suffering from faulty roads, utilities and land distribution.

Binay said that losing BGC would mean a huge financial blow to Taguig City. “I was thinking it may also affect their status as a city, because they will have reduced revenue and land area—which are some basis to determine cityhood. They might revert back to municipality.”
    Read more: Makati mayor sees ?takeover? of Bonifacio Global City in 2 weeks | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am really not happy about BGC being part of Makati again. But in all fairness, the Fort really was part of Makati. My friend lived at the Fort military staff house where BGC is now and his address was Makati. I was surprised that Taguig even fought for the area and moreso when it won. But I like the laidback atmosphere of BGC unlike in Makati. Too many mapsa, too many towing, too many rules and yet traffic is still bad.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 7th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    BGC is privately owned right? so that means they may or may not implement the number coding scheme

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    BGC is privately owned right? so that means they may or may not implement the number coding scheme
    Ayala is also privately owned but they implement the number coding scheme. Once the local government agrees to take over the traffic chores, that will be the start. Currently, the owners of BGC provide for their own traffic team consisting of security guards.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Ayala CBD is also privately owned, I don't know how it works but road governance/rules and regulations are always under the LGU's.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast