New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a friend abroad that wants to get marry this December. Pinay din yung gf nya na nasa abroad din. Tinatanong ako kung papaano daw sila mag a apply nang marriage license, eh ang alam ko sa ganon may counselling pa, can this be done over the phone?? May nakakaalam ba nang procedure??

Or mas madali ba kung magpakasal na lang muna sila (they're in Canada), then pag uwi dito sa December, magpakasal sa simbahan, pag ganon ba kailangan pa din nang Marriage License?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK, personal yun counselling/marriage semina - di pwede phone. My wife and I have a friend who got married in '05. Had the same dilema. He had to come home for the marriange license application and the seminar. I think it would be easier and more practical for them to get married in civil ceremonies in Canada, then have their duly authenticated copies/originals of their marriange license with them when the apply for a license here come December.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I googled this..

No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties are found no legal impediment to the marriage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    I googled this..

No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties are found no legal impediment to the marriage.
    Law ba yan dito sa Pinas?

How can you prove na you're living together for 5 yrs na?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i'm sorry sir pro hindi po applicable yan dito sa pinas and mas mahigpit n po cla ngayon. you are now required to attend 2 seminars: church and city hall which needs personal appearance(unless my kakilala kyp sa city hall). plus if they are over 25 yrs of age kelangan n nila ng certificate of non marriage na sa census lng nkukuha. the best way to go about it is to ask a relative to process the papers for them. padala n lng cla ng authorization letter (will need several kse hinde na pwede photocopy) and the necessary docs and id's. yng seminars ska n lng cla mg attend pg ndito na cla...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kelangan na rin mag tree planting ang couple as a requirement for the marriage license. Ganyan kasi dito sa place namin, don't know kung nationwide ganito rin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sa huwes dina yata kailangan yan dahil nakukuha na sa pakiusapan sa judge.honestly,diko padin magets talaga ang purpose ng seminar sa pagkuha ng marriage license.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bago pirmahan yung license, check mo kung may warranty, kung pwedeng ibalik sa magulang kung may factory defect.
    make sure na may expiration date yung license

joke lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa cityhall lang naman yun kukunin license...

they need to bring their copy of birth certificates though and attend family planning seminar.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by c0zee View Post
    bago pirmahan yung license, check mo kung may warranty, kung pwedeng ibalik sa magulang kung may factory defect.
    make sure na may expiration date yung license

joke lang.

sna nga pwede no? ahahahaha....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Marriage License Questions