New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Think of all the traffic enforcers who will lose a large chunk of their income if they can't catch guys "beating the yellow light" anymore? :D
    true but it is helpful for the motorists when to get ready to move forward.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    true but it is helpful for the motorists when to get ready to move forward.
    I agree with this 100%. It also tells you whether you're good to speed up to catch the light or you can save your fuel and start slowing down. It also tells me if the stoplight is ridiculously short timed that it's better to just go to another turn or intersection.

What's crazy though is that even with this timer, some people are still oblivious to it and take their sweet time to move which will in turn, especially if it's rush hour, hold back another two to three rows of cars in the same stoplight when it turns red. I don't know also why but lately i've been getting miffed at people who take too much of their sweet time in driving (meaning they're too slow as against flowing traffic and too slow in accelerating). Yes they may not be in a rush but other people are. That's what i liked also about SG. The people were driving within speed limits and with discipline most of the time but when they accelerate, they really accelerate fast to running road speed so traffic is always moving at a good pace.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    baka daw may ferrari na parating...joke...:D

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I agree with this 100%. It also tells you whether you're good to speed up to catch the light or you can save your fuel and start slowing down. It also tells me if the stoplight is ridiculously short timed that it's better to just go to another turn or intersection.

What's crazy though is that even with this timer, some people are still oblivious to it and take their sweet time to move which will in turn, especially if it's rush hour, hold back another two to three rows of cars in the same stoplight when it turns red. I don't know also why but lately i've been getting miffed at people who take too much of their sweet time in driving (meaning they're too slow as against flowing traffic and too slow in accelerating). Yes they may not be in a rush but other people are. That's what i liked also about SG. The people were driving within speed limits and with discipline most of the time but when they accelerate, they really accelerate fast to running road speed so traffic is always moving at a good pace.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I wish they would install ALL stoplights with a large timer display.
    mismo. so that you can anticipate when the light will turn yellow. mga mapsa pa naman sa makati eh kunwari tumatakbo ka ng 40-60kph then biglang mag-yellow light (of course you will go instead of stopping kahit eksaktong nakalagpas ka na) ay mahuhuli ka pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12