New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag wala kang huli...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-..._ACcs99N99Ukwb

Once that is set into place, it is not automatic that everyone can get the full 10-year extension. Galvante reiterated the points (or demerit) system that will determine how much more years can you add on your license. Those with clean records (those who have not committed a traffic violation before renewal) are immediately eligible for the 10-year validity.

To recap, Republic Act 10930 states, "Except for student permits, all drivers' licenses shall be valid for five (5) years reckoned from the birthdate of the licensee, unless sooner revoked or suspended: Provided, however, That subject to Section 26 hereof, any holder of a professional or nonprofessional driver's license who has not committed any violation of Republic Act No. 4136 and other traffic laws, rules and regulations during the five (5)-year period shall be entitled to a renewal of such license for ten (10) years, subject to the restrictions as may be imposed by the LTO."

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    no need na ba ng retake ng lto exam kapag meron nang existing license? Pag mag 10 year license na?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Tanong lang po, pwede po ba ako magpanotaryo ng deed of sale n wala yung nagbenta? Pero meron nmn po akong mga ID nia, nag abroad na po kase yung nagbenta saakin..salamt sa makakasagot

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ALTAI View Post
    Tanong lang po, pwede po ba ako magpanotaryo ng deed of sale n wala yung nagbenta? Pero meron nmn po akong mga ID nia, nag abroad na po kase yung nagbenta saakin..salamt sa makakasagot
    Pwede naman.. kung papayag yung notaryo..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ALTAI View Post
    Punta ka sa mga notary sa tabi-tabi ng LTO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    sana naman totoo ito...

Yung Singapore driver's license ko walang expiry!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    I wasn't sure if this was the right sub to post this in but I figured i'd give it a shot since lots of people have relocated to the bay area from out of state.

I moved to the Bay for work about 2 years ago from Maryland, but never bothered to change my driver's license to California since I do not own a car here (and thus do not drive). I am thinking of buying a car soon so I will need to change my driver's license. Has any of you been in a similar situation, will there be any issues at the DMV changing my driver's license since I waited 2 years to do so?

I know that California wants you to change it within 30 days, but I did not bother simply because I have not been driving at all.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mahonarparekh View Post
    I wasn't sure if this was the right sub to post this in but I figured i'd give it a shot since lots of people have relocated to the bay area from out of state. ongoing commercial projects in thane

I moved to the Bay dombivali east property for work about 2 years ago from Maryland, but never bothered to change my driver's license to California since I do not own a car here (and thus do not drive). I am thinking of buying a car soon so I will need to change my driver's license. Has any of you been in a similar situation, will there be any issues at the DMV changing my driver's license since I waited 2 years to do so? flats in mumbai

I know that California wants you to change it within 30 days, but I did not bother simply because I have not been driving at all.

Any Updates????

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    LTO hopes ‘premium’ license cards to curb road accidents
    August 25, 2020, 8:01 pm

MANILA – With its ‘premium’ license cards set for roll out in October next year, the Land Transportation Office (LTO) is hoping the new driver’s license with 10-year validity will reduce road accidents.

“Hopefully, with this measure mababawas-bawasan ang road crashes, road or traffic incidents na nagka-cause ng injuries and even pagkamatay (road crashes, road or traffic incidents that cause injuries and even death will be reduced),” LTO chief, Assistant Secretary Edgar Galvante said in a press release issued on Tuesday.

xxx

The LTO devised a new point system, wherein drivers will accumulate demerit points for each violation committed and earn incentives for drivers with good standing.

Under the point system, a motorist accumulates “demerit points” depending on the gravity of his or her violation. These violations are classified according to their corresponding categories: grave for five points; less grave for three points; and light for one point.

Galvante said the examples of grave violations are driving a motor vehicle in the commission of crime, operating a colorum vehicle, and driving under the influence of alcohol.

However, the LTO chief clarified that less grave or light violations may also be considered as grave, if violations are committed repeatedly.

He said the driver’s license of an erring motorist may be suspended if he/she will accumulate 10 demerit points, while earning 40 points will result in its revocation.

Violations committed by motorists will be uploaded or recorded in the LTO’s system, he added.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pag may violation eh dapat every 3months application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast