New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wide body & fender flare kits are the workaround.LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Body modification naman yan so may violation kaparin. LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

AT sticking out of the fender, chunky, etc... Di sapat yan para sabihing di street legal ang tires. Worst part is no amount of registration would make it street legal dapat. Imagine a street legal monster truck. Sira ulong LTO.

Don't get me wrong. Kahit ako di makuha ang logic ng extreme lift at off road tires para sa daily driver. But LTO going to the extreme is just lousy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    AT tires are needed with the bad condition of some of our roads here... Para ka na ding nago-offroad.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    my truck came out w/ AT tires straight out of the casa. paano iyan?
    bro, kung walang awareness ang isang tanga LTO kung alin ang violation at hindi ay maaring mapenalty ka rin. yan ang mahirap, kanya-kanyang interpretation yan...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    bro, kung walang awareness ang isang tanga LTO kung alin ang violation at hindi ay maaring mapenalty ka rin. yan ang mahirap, kanya-kanyang interpretation yan...
    Yung hirap diyan eh yung "nag-tatanga tangahan".

"Eh, ser, may violation yung specs ng SUV mo. P5000 multa diyan... pero pwede nating pagusapan..."

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wide body & fender flare kits are the workaround.LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets
    Yung fender flare kit, dapat naman talaga ilagay yun pag lagpas tires sa original fender.

Kawawa naman yung mga matatalsikan ng bato pag wala nun.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    The morons at LTO obviously didn't think this through before implementation. How about people who live in the mountains of Benguet where rough, muddy, slippery roads are normal, day-to-day experiences. Before LTO implements this regulation, they should fix our roads first so that we don't need 4x4's. Otherwise, they should provide us with extra cars so that we can leave our 4x4s after traversing these "off-road" road conditions.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    how about yung muffler naman, sisilong ba sila to check kung stock o hindi yung muffler? paano kung exhaust tip lang pinalitan, eh karamihan ng intindi yung shiny/burned exhaust tip yun na yung mufflerLTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nasagasaan na ng LTO ang mga isang private citizen na volunteer sa rescue operation. Naka setup ang rig nito at di to mayabang na off roader, doctor to. Karamihan ng volunteers dito sa area ko naka setup ang mga rigs. Nganga na lang pag may sakuna at kailangan ng rescue.

According to him di daw road worthy ang rig nya. Abay kumusta naman ang mga dilapidated na jeepney at bus, tricycle sa main highway, sama mo na kuliglig. Kupal na LTO talaga.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trilobyt View Post
    The morons at LTO obviously didn't think this through before implementation. How about people who live in the mountains of Benguet where rough, muddy, slippery roads are normal, day-to-day experiences. Before LTO implements this regulation, they should fix our roads first so that we don't need 4x4's. Otherwise, they should provide us with extra cars so that we can leave our 4x4s after traversing these "off-road" road conditions.

afaik, applicable lang yata sa city streets, highways and national roads. kung sa mga rural roads and areas naman malamang hindi na. yun nga lang kung need mo dumaan sa national road bago umakyat ng bundok at natsambahan ka ng mga enforcers na tanga LTO, huli ka!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Susunod mga rims???

James Deakin

Just got off the phone with the director of law enforcement of LTO, francis Ray almora, and he confirmed a number of things about the apprehension of 4x4 vehicles. Most notably, that steel bumpers are NOT illegal or do not require a permit, but changing your rim size is. On ANY motor vehicle.

I asked what study they based this on and they said they do not have a study. Basta its unsafe. Burden of proof is on us daw to present a study to prove that they are safe, even if they are already sold legally in every country I know of. Will update when I get the complete list from him.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 15th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast