New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    If they start charging extra 1000 for the blinking tail lights during registration, mawawala kaagad yan sa daan.
    well, current law states a "constant red light"...

charge the usual penalty, then do outright confiscation of the vehicle, to be redeemed only upon re-conversion back to "normal", in the impounding center.
    mawawala talaga, garantizado.
    they can even penalize the seller/installer, for good measure, for ...what is that word?

sa totoo lang, i think the blinking lights were intended for LEDs, which can cycle from zero to 100% and back to zero intensity immediately, and not for incandescents nor halogens, which cycle much more slowly. from my personal observation, in the daytime, none of the flickering brake lights i have seen, approximate the brightness of the equivalent normal brake lights. i believe this is dangerous.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 14th, 2018 at 08:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Has anyone tried LTO Immunity Stickers?LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    ...sitahin yan ng Philippine historical institute, for disrespect to the Flag.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Eto ang masaya.

Rim change restriction ay sa dump trucks lang pero eto tayo ngayon sinama SUV at PICK UP. Pati AT tires di na daw street legal.

Kupal na LTO. LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That is a self-serving way of interpreting the law.

The way I read it, inclusion lang ang dump truck. In all other respects, it applies to any vehicle.

The rule encompasses "modifications involving safety and environment", which is definitely not limited to dump trucks. But what is relevant to dump trucks is that extending the sidings of a dump truck opens it up for overloading, instability, as well as the possibility of objects falling off if the sidings fail and cause them to strike other vehicles or pedestrians. So hence, it has been included as an illegal modification.
    Last edited by oj88; October 14th, 2018 at 09:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That is a self-serving way of interpreting the law.

The way I read it, inclusion lang ang dump truck. In all other respects, it applies to any vehicle.

The rule encompasses "modifications involving safety and environment", which is definitely not limited to dump trucks. But what is relevant to dump trucks is that extending the sidings of a dump truck opens it up for overloading, instability, as well as the possibility of objects falling off if the sidings fail and cause them to strike other vehicles or pedestrians. So hence, it has been included as an illegal modification.
    Self serving? Walang modification sa suspension at wheels ang sasakyan ko. Kahit na no?

Sige pag bigyan na natin yang wheel upgrade, illegal na kamo pag di mo pina rehistro. Pero AT tires ay di street legal? Anong klaseng utak meron ang LTO personnel na sumita dyan? Kailangan pa silang turoan ng huhulihin nila about AT tires and wheel upgrades.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Self serving? Walang modification sa suspension at wheels ang sasakyan ko. Kahit na no?

Sige pag bigyan na natin yang wheel upgrade, illegal na kamo pag di mo pina rehistro. Pero AT tires ay di street legal? Anong klaseng utak meron ang LTO personnel na sumita dyan? Kailangan pa silang turoan ng huhulihin nila about AT tires and wheel upgrades.
    I was responding to the text you quoted.

There was no ambiguity... no "ejusdem generis". The rule is clear to me like it was night and day. Anyone with a fundamental knowledge of English would know that.

I will agree that the IRR needs to be gone over critically with a fine-tooth comb.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mukhang di na limited sa 4x4 mods ang iniipit ng LTO. Pati wheel modification with AT tires sinisita na. Kotong mode lto nito.

Can't post image using tapatalk, too lazy to register.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Baka naman naka labas na sa fender yung gulong? Yan yata ang bawal eh

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my truck came out w/ AT tires straight out of the casa. paano iyan?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ung mga chunky a/t tires siguro ung mga sinisita nila.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    A/T tires should not extend outside the fenders imho.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pretome View Post
    A/T tires should not extend outside the fenders imho.
    Wide body & fender flare kits are the workaround.LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast