New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pag mamalasin at magka-banggaan kasi, walang laban yung un-modified vehicle.
    his damage would have been heavier, compared to had he bumped a factory-spec car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Wonder how that LTO mod permit application works. Details seem generally subjective.LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wonder how that LTO mod permit application works. Details seem generally subjective.LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

unlike in some lugars,
    where they have definite numbers, to guide those interested.

they have minimum square inches of effective lighting surface area of the rear lights. the 90s sentra narrowly made it...
    they have minimum inches above the ground, that the headlights must be. the old VW with slammed suspension, was nearly disqualified.
    in many states, only a 9- or 12-inch horizontal strip of tint on the superiormost segment of the front windshield, is allowed.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Yet these LTO people talk of roadworthiness.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Speaking of roadworthiness, they couldn't even apprehend those vehicles without lights! I no longer drive at night going to Bataan but back then, it is a "usual sight to see" them.

Add the blue lights where it makes it difficult for you to estimate the distance​ of the car (or motorcycle) in front of you. Blue light has shorter wavelengths such that it has the tendency to scatter making it difficult for you to "see". Then there is that signal lights converted to "red signal lights". Mixer trucks whose tail lights are placed "away from your usual line of sight". Tricycles plying the main roads...

I do not mean to say that we should not apprehend those off-roaders that violated the rules. However, I see it more as a "fund-raising project" as it was stated that they will confiscate in favor of the government. Remember the "old car registration scheme"? If the car is 20 years old, it will no longer be registered because it's no longer roadworthy! I could count with my fingers those off-roaders everyday but not those "roadworthy assembled vehicles".

Who am I to speak? I'm not even an automotive expert.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Huge protest on Oct22 by fb groups.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Huge protest on Oct22 by fb groups.
    Can we merge this w/ the Digong thread?LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha

sa Pinas there's no such thing as "is it street legal?"

#anythinggoesinthethirdworld

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    cannot enforce laws re super dark tint, super bright LEDs, pasaway motorcycle drivers etc

sigurado wala magagawa ang gobyerno about offroad mods

everybody should just weld steel tubes around their cars para may laban sa banggaan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Huwag na kasi mga off road mods mga SUV na Hinde naman pinang off road saka yun mga todo off road mods pero humihinto naman sa humps. LTO: Keep off-road mods out of our streets

Counterpart ng mga rice boy yan eh ano ba tawag sa kanila? Extra rice boys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yan kasi ang pataasan ng ihi ngayon hehe

para makakuha ng tsiks

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast