New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hindi kaya ganito:
    eo 156 states that importation of these vehicles shall generally not be allowed, except under under certain conditions...
    eo 418 states the schedule of taxes to be paid for those imported vehicles allowed under eo 156's "certain conditions"..

if this is so, i see no problem..

unfortunately, they applied it to both for now.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    me pila kanina sa LTO ng mga Port Irene vehicles na ending is 2. they were turned back by lto for renewal. two of them went back to the dealer at doon nakipag away, ayun sinoli naman ang pera kahit 8 months ng nagamit yung unit.

yung dealer, sinara na agad ang shop.
    Let the fireworks begin. Kupalan nalang din yan on the side of the dealer to close shop and avert losses. Tago mode na yan.

I was just salivating over an M5 station wagon with B plates a few days ago.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    me pila kanina sa LTO ng mga Port Irene vehicles na ending is 2. they were turned back by lto for renewal. two of them went back to the dealer at doon nakipag away, ayun sinoli naman ang pera kahit 8 months ng nagamit yung unit.

yung dealer, sinara na agad ang shop.
    Ito ang sana naman hwag mangyari skin...hopefully by the time my renewal month arrives, maayos na ang lahat...may maayos na guidelines at syempre napapatapad ng maayos...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    All LTO offices refused to renew them?

STA. ANA, Cagayan, Philippines – The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) plans to re-export the 600 used cars instead of selling them locally.

CEZA administrator Jose Marie Ponce said yesterday they are considering exporting the vehicles either to Africa or Bangladesh following the government’s refusal to issue clearance for registration of the shipment from South Korea.

This developed as the arrival of the latest shipment of second-hand cars here yesterday was delayed by bad weather.

Officials said they are instead expecting the arrival of the shipment at 6 a.m. today.

The first shipment of 200 used cars arrived at CEZA in Port Irene last Feb. 16 and were held by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) following a Supreme Court (SC) ruling upholding the constitutionality of Executive Order 156.

The EO, signed by former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in 2004, banned the importation of second-hand vehicles.

Four hundred more used vehicles are expected to arrive in Port Irene this week, which is currently being personally monitored by Customs Commissioner Ruffy Biazon.

Biazon earlier ordered the Customs district office inside the freeport to stop the processing of papers of the imported used cars in deference to the SC decision on Jan. 7.

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) also said it will not process the sale of the imported vehicles.

Ponce maintained they have not violated the law since the imported vehicles are still inside the freeport zone.

Besides, the import permits were obtained for the latest two shipments before the SC ruling.

Jaime Vicente, president of the Automotive Rebuilders Industry of Cagayan (ARIC), one of the major stakeholders in the used car importation business inside the economic zone, said that at least 4,000 used cars were processed for resale last year.

He said the government has nothing to lose in the importation of used cars. Instead, the industry generated revenues close to P400 million for the national coffers through the Customs office last year.

This is aside from the other multimillion-peso collections made by LTO and other concerned government agencies from the used-car importation business, he said.

Vicente described the SC decision as a “big blow” to the industry since hundreds of potential buyers of imported used cards already recalled their reservations.

“It hurts us so much. The harm has been done. We will have a hard time to recover even if such decision will be reversed, as our reputation has been tarnished,” Vicente lamented. – With Charlie Lagasca
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 26th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    CEZA has had a good 7-year run, and I'm sure they and their backers have made their pile already. As for the 1,000 employees of CEZA and 2,000+ odd dealer personnel, they can integrate into the 320,000+ automotive-related workforce in the "legitimate" automotive trade. Time to move on from refurbishing other countries' junk...

My sympathy goes out to the buyers of imported used vehicles...but maybe not to buyers of flashy B-plate sports cars and luxury cars haha. You're "buyers in good faith" so you won't be exposed to any criminal liability; however you're stuck with a very expensive paper weight.

Your legal recourse is to file suit vs. the dealer who sold you goods misrepresented as being free from lien or liability...if they haven't fled to Sabah already haha.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Just got a reply from a friend inside the LTO here. Wala daw problem sa mga converted rides as long as registered na last year. Yung mga bago lang daw hindi nila pina-process. whew. Akala ko "for recreational purpose" na lang si pajee.

Sadly hindi ko pa puwede i-renew yung car kasi 300 number ng car (pang-pelikula anoh). hehe.

Sana ganun din sa iba.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seriously? P400M in customs revenues? That's effin cheap change.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    e kung chop-chop ung mga 2nd hand cars at i-declare as surplus spare parts, bawal pa din kaya yun ibenta?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    e kung chop-chop ung mga 2nd hand cars at i-declare as surplus spare parts, bawal pa din kaya yun ibenta?
    Afaik puwede na. Spare parts na kasi eh.

Kaso oen has to remember na kung balak na nga habulin ng gov't yung sulit/ayos dito sellers, pati siguro yung ganyang klase ng bentahan habulin na din ng tax. :rofl:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bananatype View Post
    CEZA has had a good 7-year run, and I'm sure they and their backers have made their pile already. As for the 1,000 employees of CEZA and 2,000+ odd dealer personnel, they can integrate into the 320,000+ automotive-related workforce in the "legitimate" automotive trade. Time to move on from refurbishing other countries' junk...

My sympathy goes out to the buyers of imported used vehicles...but maybe not to buyers of flashy B-plate sports cars and luxury cars haha. You're "buyers in good faith" so you won't be exposed to any criminal liability; however you're stuck with a very expensive paper weight.

Your legal recourse is to file suit vs. the dealer who sold you goods misrepresented as being free from lien or liability...if they haven't fled to Sabah already haha.
    i also have surplus vehicles and i agree on this BUT, we still have "jeepneys" rolling the streets... hindi ba pwede yun muna ang unahin nila... baka pwede yung mga Starex GRX Crdi from korea eh ipalit sa mga bulok na jeepney??

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
LTO, Customs to strictly enforce EO 156 ban on 'surplus cars'