New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    colleague of mine just returned the units that he bought 7 months ago. dealer returned the money and they go separate ways.

buyer invoked the no legal impediment clause in the deed of sale and the free from all liens and encumbrances.

even if you call lto now, no renewal of registration is allowed.
    Mind you sir, anong unit yun binalik niya at where did it came from?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I guess the engines of all these soon-to-be retired surplus vehicles can't be used either since they won't have legit papers. Pity...that was a great source of engines to keep old clunkers going.

On the brighter side, sooner or later all those old lung-blackening rolling-coffin jeepneys are gonna run out of 4BA1s and 4D32s. Adios smoky rattle-trap symbol of backwardness!

Holy smokes, the gov't might actually know what it's doing

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Light trucks are exempted from the importation ban including parts and components.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ang sakit nito sa ulo. Naka bili ako ng Honda CRV 2004 Second hand from Honda Cars Isabela, Ang problema nasa mindanao ngayon yung unit.
    Yari ako nito sa mga HPG, LTO Tuwing checkpoints. Ang problema malabong xerox copy na lang ang kopya ko ng CR from the first owner bearing encumbered from Honda Cars Inv. Wala na rin yung mga papeles sa mortgage. Nakagalay sa CR ko, Encumbered from 00000000000. Pwede na kayang proof yan? Kasi baka makikipag debate ako sa manghuhuli para patunayan na local unit ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Soyuz1234: Just show them that the year model on your CR matches the date of first registration. That's enough proof that your car was purchased new. The LTO can tell a used import just by comparing these two figures... Date of first reg, and year model. Pag may mismatch, ipinasok siya as segunda mano. Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    O yeah that's right. That made some clarifications. Also I can pin point the plate number, (Rizal Monument) matches the year model of the car 2004.

Nagka issue kasi ako sa HPG nung ni try ko mag transfer ownership from to a relative at kuha sana ako ng clearance, pinipilit nila na dahil B plate at import daw. Ang problema wala na ang mga papeles from first owner, nasa LTO na. Nakalimutan ko sabihin yung series ng plaka (Rizal Monument)

HPG lang talaga pinaka problema ko, lalo na sa mga checkpoints. Kaya as much as possible, marami akong proof para tameme sila hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Light trucks are exempted from the importation ban including parts and components.
    Ah nuts, you're right. Thanks. So much for the brighter side...jeepneys will live forever at this rate.

We can expect an underground market of collision parts (fenders, hoods, trunks, doors, lights, glass...) from junked B- and R-plate cars to flourish. The body shells can be sold "por kilo" or turned into artifical reefs. Engines and ladder frames can't be commercially traded so they're ripe for "por kilo" as well.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Any CEZA plate owners here tried renewing their car's registration with LTO after the SC ruling?
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Any CEZA plate owners here tried renewing their cars after the SC ruling?
    For me, I still have to wait until September since 9 ang dulo ng plaka ko. I wonder kung ano ang ending plate nung ke BG.

Also, aside from B plates, may mga R plates na rin bang nakapag-renew?

Swerte siguro ng mga may plaka na 1 and 2 kasi nakapag-rehistro na sila

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Our unit ends in 0 naman so matagal tagal pang sleepless nights... ill observe yung may makikita akong B plate na ending 1 or 2 kung may sticker na...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
LTO, Customs to strictly enforce EO 156 ban on 'surplus cars'