New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Outright confiscation ba if you try to renew registration? May nakasubok na mag renewal ng CEZA car lately after the SC ruling? Pati yung LTO officials who sign the renewal of a CEZA car are liable under the law... Affected na rin mga surplus parts?

EO 156
    The tuwid na daan is full of BS because this government can ONLY go after the small fish.

Baka masangkot ka pa kay GMA kapag nirehistro mo ang iyong imported toyota BB. LOL

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    BG, if that's the case, then wala na tayong proproblemahin. At doon naman sa mga may plano bumili ng B plate vehicles, eh safe naman siguro as long na the vehicle is out of CEZA, right?

Sana nga...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    The tuwid na daan is full of BS because this government can ONLY go after the small fish.

Baka masangkot ka pa kay GMA kapag nirehistro mo ang iyong imported toyota BB. LOL
    I want to see "Tuwid na Daan" really snag and fry a big fish who really deserves being burned.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Kung me problema sa LTO yung mga imports Subic before pa mag ruling ang SC hindi ma re-renew. Pero na re-renew naman di ba for the past years? I'm guessing same scenario saten na mga B-plates na issued before SC decission. Since Customs cleared the units before it can be initially registered, nakakatawa naman ang customs nun kung urong sulong ang clearance nila di ba?

From the news as what I understand from commissioner Biazon said, units imported after the SC decision will not be issued cumstoms clearance/tax payment. Therefore cannot leave the Port and CEZA and cannot be registered with the LTO. Although they can still be used inside the facility.

I'm just wondering bakit sa TG article ko lang narinig yang "cannot be renewed" while other major news agencies like ABS-CBN.TV5, and GMA 7 wala naman report na ganyan. Even Broadsheet News Papers...
    Not a lawyer here but as I understand once enforced na yung law as dictated by the Supreme Court.. hindi sya pedeng ante-dated.. meaning yung nabili ng mga units prior to the the creation and final implementation of the law should not be covered by the law. It only applies sa mga subsequent importations.

Constitution says Article III Bill of Rights Section 22.
    No ex post facto law or bill of attainder shall be enacted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Not a lawyer here but as I understand once enforced na yung law as dictated by the Supreme Court.. hindi sya pedeng ante-dated.. meaning yung nabili ng mga units prior to the the creation and final implementation of the law should not be covered by the law. It only applies sa mga subsequent importations.
    That is also my understanding. This means those cars with B plates should be clear of any legal issues once they have been issued their documents.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ry_Tower:

Kung susundin yang sinasabi mo na yung mga nandito na prior to the SC's ruling, the date of reckoning should be December 12, 2002. That was the day the EO was signed. One can argue that the SC re-affirmed the constitutionality of EO 156 on Jan. 7, 2013, but that only strengthens the order, and does not negate it in any way.

Testament11: I get what you're trying to say here, but what exactly is "in good faith"? It is at best an abstract term. If you read up on EO 156, there is a very small window for bringing in a used passenger car. This is a one-time, VERY EXPENSIVE privilege given to balikbayans or returning residents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMickey View Post
    there is a very small window for bringing in a used passenger car. This is a one-time, VERY EXPENSIVE privilege given to balikbayans or returning residents.
    ang alam ko matagal nang na-revoked yang privelege na yan, way back 1990's pa. that was the time people were driving right hand drive cars in the metro and some guys took advantage of it to bring in cars from japan using japayukis as front. there were also some US version monteros (we call them pajero) and toyota supras running around.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMickey View Post
    Testament11: I get what you're trying to say here, but what exactly is "in good faith"? It is at best an abstract term. If you read up on EO 156, there is a very small window for bringing in a used passenger car. This is a one-time, VERY EXPENSIVE privilege given to balikbayans or returning residents.
    Good faith, what I mean here is all taxes have been paid by the importer. Yan kasi yun nakikita kong question lang. Paano naman kung nabayaran ng importer yun mga taxes na kailangan para makapasok dito yun sasakyan? Huhuliin pa rin ba nila ako dahil illegally pumasok ang sasakyan ko, where in fact hawak ko yun mga papel na kailangan?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Good faith, what I mean here is all taxes have been paid by the importer. Yan kasi yun nakikita kong question lang. Paano naman kung nabayaran ng importer yun mga taxes na kailangan para makapasok dito yun sasakyan? Huhuliin pa rin ba nila ako dahil illegally pumasok ang sasakyan ko, where in fact hawak ko yun mga papel na kailangan?
    I think the proper way is to let the previous owners, before this EO was implemented, still register their vehicles. Yung mga soon to be owners nalang, or at least if registration is made after the EO has been implemented ang i-prohibit from registering their vehicles again. Kawawa naman mga nag-buhos ng madaming pera sa jap imports na oto nila, mawawala ng ganun ganun lang -- esp. That 900++ whp R34

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Forum Runner (wishing tapatalk is already working)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ang alam ko matagal nang na-revoked yang privelege na yan, way back 1990's pa. that was the time people were driving right hand drive cars in the metro and some guys took advantage of it to bring in cars from japan using japayukis as front. there were also some US version monteros (we call them pajero) and toyota supras running around.
    Yebo: Nope, NDI program (balikbayan entry) still in effect. Mas mahal nga lang siya kaysa sa Cagayan entry kaya hindi popular.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
LTO, Customs to strictly enforce EO 156 ban on 'surplus cars'