New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I know na yun ibang kasama natin dito has a B-plate vehicle. I also have a B plate vehicle which I own for already 5 years. Now I wonder how will this law affect owners of vehicles that were "surplus"

LTO, Customs to strictly enforce EO 156 ban on 'surplus cars' - News | TopGear.com.ph

It's official: The Land Transportation Office has announced that it will uphold "the constitutionality and legality of Executive Order 156" and go after used vehicles that were imported illegally into the Philippines.

"We would like to warn the general public and those who still entertain the thought of buying cheap and readily available surplus vehicles...to drop such a silly idea or suffer the consequences of being inconvenienced in the difficulty of the renewal of its registration in the future," the LTO said in a statement. "All motor vehicles registered in violation of EO 156 can never be renewed again. If ever renewed, such registration is considered illegal and any LTO official found to have registered vehicles in violation of EO 156 can be held criminally and administratively liable for his illegal acts."

Executive Order 877, which incidentally was also signed by then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (who signed EO 156 in 2002), states that used vehicles may still be brought into the country but these cannot go outside the "secured, fenced-in freeport zones."

"We will uphold the recent Supreme Court ruling and enforce all the provisions of EO 156 regarding restrictions on the importation of used cars," added Bureau of Customs commissioner Ruffy Biazon. "I advise car buyers to be sure of the vehicles they are buying and to get them only at legitimate sources and dealers."
    Credits to Ry_Tower for posting this one sa Subic Pajero thread.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I wonder why R-plate is not covered. Dahil ba sa subic and not cagayan. This is really bothersome. Sana may clarity na.

Mine is an R-plate kasi.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro, as per reading, lahat ng import ay covered, whether B plate or R plate. Ang gripe ko lang dito eh paano yun mga sasakyan na legally imported dito sa atin. It is really bothersome talaga to a point na pwede na naman itong maging miking cow ng ilang corrupted officials natin. Nag-aalala ako sa law na ito at nakakainis pag iniisip ko siya ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Subscribing...I have a B-plate vehicle from Korea as well...I have legal papers on hand...i would be better kung moving forward, ipagbawal nila, pero yung gigipitin nila yung ilang taon nang andito yung auto, mukhang ginisa ka sa sarili mong mantika lalabas nito...
    Last edited by mateomarco; February 18th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I wonder if this will do. Kung pwede na papalitan yun plaka ng sasakyan para hindi na siya maging B o R plate, hahaha!

Napapaiyak ako pag iniisip ko yan. Ayaw ko naman bitawan ang Precious ko nang ganun ganun lang.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ same sentiment here. Magiging malaking rolling junk paj ko niyan if ever magkatotoo.

I believe dapat yung andito na prior to the SC's ruling should be able to use their vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ same sentiment here. Magiging malaking rolling junk paj ko niyan if ever magkatotoo.

I believe dapat yung andito na prior to the SC's ruling should be able to use their vehicle.
    Bili ka na ng lok-bu na lokal Pajero tapos ilipat mo na most of your parts to that. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Bili ka na ng lok-bu na lokal Pajero tapos ilipat mo na most of your parts to that. :D
    Naisip ko na yan, pero ang plan ko, recreational vehicle kuno ang pajero at i-mod ko na lang. Pang-sagasa ng buwisit sa kalye (bump cars anyone).

Tapos bili na lang new SUV. wahhhh

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Let us see. Knowing how Philippines make laws eh ang daming loop holes nito. Pero lang kasi, let's say in good faith naipasok yun sasakyan, eh dapat hindi nila yun isama. Mukhang kelangan ko ibalik ulit yun tax papers ng sasakyan ko at isama sa lalagyan ko ng rehistro

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Let us see. Knowing how Philippines make laws eh ang daming loop holes nito. Pero lang kasi, let's say in good faith naipasok yun sasakyan, eh dapat hindi nila yun isama. Mukhang kelangan ko ibalik ulit yun tax papers ng sasakyan ko at isama sa lalagyan ko ng rehistro

Sa pag kakaintitndi ko, yung E.O. 156 was and still enforced sa SuBic. Ang humingi ng TRO is CEZA since di raw sila covered nun and it pertains only to subic. Kaya ngaun lang nag labas ng SC ruling as to the interpretation of the E.O.

Kung me problema sa LTO yung mga imports Subic before pa mag ruling ang SC hindi ma re-renew. Pero na re-renew naman di ba for the past years? I'm guessing same scenario saten na mga B-plates na issued before SC decission. Since Customs cleared the units before it can be initially registered, nakakatawa naman ang customs nun kung urong sulong ang clearance nila di ba?

From the news as what I understand from commissioner Biazon said, units imported after the SC decision will not be issued cumstoms clearance/tax payment. Therefore cannot leave the Port and CEZA and cannot be registered with the LTO. Although they can still be used inside the facility.

I'm just wondering bakit sa TG article ko lang narinig yang "cannot be renewed" while other major news agencies like ABS-CBN.TV5, and GMA 7 wala naman report na ganyan. Even Broadsheet News Papers...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
LTO, Customs to strictly enforce EO 156 ban on 'surplus cars'