New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Plate ending in 6 expires Aug 01 IIRC, that's my ending, finished renewal last July 15. Mahirap sa emission at pila, pero sa LTO maluwag (Muntinlupa). Diretso ka na Emission, bring copy if OR/CR, malamang schedule ka pa nila in another 2 weeks, Yan nangyari sa akin.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first, LTO padlocked many (as much as half of, daw!) emissions test centers, for reasons they thought valid. after that, it was very difficult already to get tested.
    and those who did, had to wait a long time. something about the testing facility being required to wait 10 to 15 minutes in between tests, daw. (why?)
    then covid came. for several months, no one was going out of their homes. then, after lifting quarantine, all those ... sabay-sabay dumaragsa...

someone suggested emissions testing requirement be temporarily waived...
    this is fine with me.
    but the vehicle should still be apprehended should it show visible sign of pollution, e.g., lots of smoke from tailpipe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Maybe they could waive emission for 5 years and younger vehicles, and extend the 1st 3 years registration for another 3 years, that should decongest LTO and ETCs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    and those who did, had to wait a long time. something about the testing facility being required to wait 10 to 15 minutes in between tests, daw. (why?)
    Matagal na 'to Doc. It's supposed to allow time for the machines to reset or recalibrate after the previous reading.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I will renew my car registration this October ending 0 hope there will be temporary no smoke emission test anymore

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Just called LTO Calamba, "5" extension is until 31 July only *yikes*

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Plate ending in 6 expires Aug 01 IIRC, that's my ending, finished renewal last July 15. Mahirap sa emission at pila, pero sa LTO maluwag (Muntinlupa). Diretso ka na Emission, bring copy if OR/CR, malamang schedule ka pa nila in another 2 weeks, Yan nangyari sa akin.

Got it from

LTO: Don't rush to LTO offices, you still have until Aug 2 - Motorcycle News

naka post dito sa thread. Legit ba yung site?

if I'm not mistaken 2 months extension ata sa NCR and 1 month sa province na affected ng covid.

Sino pa plate ending in 6? paki confirm.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post

Got it from

LTO: Don't rush to LTO offices, you still have until Aug 2 - Motorcycle News

naka post dito sa thread. Legit ba yung site?

if I'm not mistaken 2 months extension ata sa NCR and 1 month sa province na affected ng covid.

Sino pa plate ending in 6? paki confirm.
    i remember reading this.
    "legitimate."

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sirs meh rejoinder po ang Autoindustriya tungkol diyan last 05 May..apparently the Aug 31 / Oct 30 / Dec 29 deadline was a "draft" not intended for public release.

I wasn't able to ask LTO Calamba on "6" extension validity, but as I've posted earlier, "5" ends on 31 July.

===

LTO memo on DL, registration extension wasn't final version
    Release of internal memo by regional office was not authorized by LTO main office

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Sirs meh rejoinder po ang Autoindustriya tungkol diyan last 05 May..apparently the Aug 31 / Oct 30 / Dec 29 deadline was a "draft" not intended for public release.

I wasn't able to ask LTO Calamba on "6" extension validity, but as I've posted earlier, "5" ends on 31 July.

===

LTO memo on DL, registration extension wasn't final version
    Release of internal memo by regional office was not authorized by LTO main office
    that's strange.
    because i haven't seen the so-called "final version" yet. in four days, folks will start getting penaltied, and they have no inkling.
    has anyone seen it where?

when information gets into the innernet,
    even if fake,
    it is very difficult to right it.
    is my perception accurate, that LTO does not seem to be even trying...?
    Last edited by dr. d; July 27th, 2020 at 11:55 PM.