New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ... the external lights?

..the tires!!!

...the tint?
    ...the read-ability of the number plates...?
    anuba talagah ang official policy regarding tint and number plates?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 8th, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Coming very soon...
    Philkotse Philippines: List of car parts to be checked under new LTO Motor Vehicle Inspection.
    https://**************/market-news/c...-lto-mvis-8183

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Hehehe... babagal lalo ang pag renew...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Hehehe... babagal lalo ang pag renew...

This new inspection will render a lot unregisterable. Forced extinction of road-unworthy public transport fleets soon.LTO car registration and late registration fees

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This new inspection will render a lot unregisterable. Forced extinction of road-unworthy public transport fleets soon.LTO car registration and late registration fees

And malaki chance for red tape... “ang lagay eh...”

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I talked to the head honcho of the emissions center I went to. He is 100% for the stricter inspection process. What's holding them back from investing 5M in the machines is that the IRR is not yet out and it looks like the LTO official who pushed for this has been shown the door.

1,800 a year is a small price to pay to get death traps off the streets. They just have to make it airtight and "lagay"-free.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

dadami ang non-registered motor vehicles on the road.
    the policy should be paired with a realistic "impound-and/or-penalize non-registered vehicles" policy.

but wait!
    if there are only 138 private motor vehicle inspection centers, and there are 10 million motor vehicles in the country that need annual renewal...
    ...that's about 300 motor vehicles being tested per day per five-day week per testing facility lane...

i took the liberty of googling dti, where i found out that as of july 2020, there have 135 accredited testing facilities of the usual kind in the country, with a total of about 211 testing lanes. at 10M vehicles, that's about 197 tests per lane per work day. and even before covid (march 2020), mahaba na ang pila sa emissions testing...

..are we painting ourselves into a corner... again?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 9th, 2020 at 12:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    They just have to make it airtight and "lagay"-free.
    In this country? That's impossible I bet some pockets will be heavier once this is full implemented

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    they quietly closed down so many emissions testing facilities starting a year ago, for this same reason, yata.
    that probably explains in part, why the pila sa emissions testing today is so very long.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they quietly closed down so many emissions testing facilities starting a year ago, for this same reason, yata.
    that probably explains in part, why the pila sa emissions testing today is so very long.
    I heard that one facility inside the LTO Pasig compound was closed for the same reason. Not sure kung open na din yung suki ko sa Kapitolyo. Good thing I found an alternative that's also closer to where I am.