New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I just want to share the procedures to be done for acquiring a lost plate.

But let me tell you my firsthand experience from the casa where I got my vehicle. After discovering that my front plate was missing around 8:00AM (assumed that the plate was lost that night), I immediately called my SA, and the SA told me to go to casa and look for their LTO Liaison Officer. Now the sad part is, this person never extended help generously, but asked me if I have P4000.00, they can fixed it up and I'll just wait wait for the new plates and authorization to use an improvised plate. Being a professional, I keep myself calm, though irritated with the way they approached a customer. I asked them how long will it take. OK. 5-10 days for the authorization letter, so it means, I can't use my vehicle in that span of time (mahirap na matsambahan ng mga hulidaps). 30-60 days for the replacement plates. I told them. "Ang tagal naman, authorizaton lang". He just smiled and replied, "Ganun talaga sir sa LTO". I asked them for the stencil of the the engine number and chassis. They even has a charge of P400!!!!. I didnt agree. Stencil boys in LTO do it for 50 pesos only.

A friend from tsikot lent a hand and gave me a contact for processing my papers. So I went for the normal procedure. But this was the biggest frustration! The original OR/CR were not yet submitted by the casa to the bank where my unit was loaned, so the releasing of the certification from BPI declaring that the original OR/CR was with them which is required by LTO was delayed. WTF! I again went to the casa. The Liaison Officer and a certain girl were making alibis telling me on the submission was still on process. That's the time I got pissed off. I called the BPI Officer using my mobile and gave it to the LTO Officer. I dont know what was their conversation. Then they finally admitted that my OR/CR was still with them. I told them. "Kung hindi ninyo ipapadala yan sa BPI today, mag-uusap ulit tayo bukas kasama ko abogado ko". To make the story short I got my auth from BPI the following day. But what a hassle!! If the casa did their part religiously, I had it in a day. Moral lesson? You're guess is as good as mine.

Sorry for the long story, but here's the procedure.
    1. Secure the needed documents. Affidavit of Loss (LTO Standard, Certification from Bank, if mortgaged. If not, bring the OR/CR. Police clearance (but not necessary), 3 sets of ID.
    2. Go to NMVIC in East Ave. Tell them, you are requesting for a lost plate. Engine and chassis number for stencil. Pay P50 for vehicle inspection (with OR). P50 for stencil boys, I gave 100 (wala ako 50 barya). Took me just 30 minutes, including waiting for the receipt and the documents signed ny NVIC chief. (Siguro, nakatimbre nako sa loob, so I didnt bother to fall in line. Did it backdoor). Swift!!
    3. Proceed to the LTO branch where your vehicle was registered (mine was LTO Tayuman). The securing officer will them give you instructions what to do. Simple as that. Pay the fee, then you'll have the Authorization on that same day to use improvised plates good for 30 days.

Total payment was 1009.00. 840.00 for the plates, including stickers, etc. 169.00 for computer fee. 150.00 total in NMVIC.

HTH.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Just got the replacement plates yesterday. Almost 3 months of waiting.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I bought a second hand adventure the other day. apparently one of the plate is missing. Would you recommend that I first change the vehicle into my name, or should i secure the plate number first, or should i do both at the same time?

thank you for enlightening us.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Photoaddict View Post
    I bought a second hand adventure the other day. apparently one of the plate is missing. Would you recommend that I first change the vehicle into my name, or should i secure the plate number first, or should i do both at the same time?

thank you for enlightening us.
    Kung hindi pa nagkakabayaran, paayos mo dapat sa previous owner sir IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Agree, ipaayos mo muna sa previous owner, better be sure kung missing or baka my traffic violation

Lost Plate Replacement Procedure