New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there a list of roads under the uvvrp/number coding law? Ang hirap kasi maki-argue sa mga traffic aides na secondary road naman yung binabaybay mo e bigla ka paparahin kasi coding ka. Tried the mmda website already, listed lang yung exempted major roads (e.g., roxas blvd) pero walang list ng roads na bawal talaga. So how does one know where it is applied or not if there is no such list. Ano ba to, trial and error, swertihan pag nahuli or not.

i'm asking kasi hinuli ako kanina sa visayas avenue, a road where i have been using my car for the last 5 years na wala naman coding-coding. i even asked the traffic aides here and yun din sabi nila as far as they know di sakop ng coding ang visayas avenue. Pero kanina may grupo ng pulis (yup, pnp personnel) with 1 traffic aide apprehending vehicles at visayas. Ang dami namin na nagreklamo na lahat e nagsabi na di naman kasama ang visayas avenue sa coding. Ang sagot ni mamang pulis, "AVENUE kasi ito so kasama sa coding." I signed the tct under protest and urged the other drivers to also do the same. We all agreed to contest the tct when we claim our licenses, kaso nga we need a list of roads under the uvvrp to be able to prove our case.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I treat it as if the road is not listed, then i assume na bawal talaga. Sadly, i cant find visayas ave as exempted at all.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I treat it as if the road is not listed, then i assume na bawal talaga. Sadly, i cant find visayas ave as exempted at all.

well if you can't find it then its not a valid law... "A LAW is only a LAW when it's public"

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I doubt you can get such a list. Its an across-the-city coverage. So all roads in them are covered, no escape.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always thought the uvvrp covers the major roads only. I've been using roads like congressional, mindanao, visayas, t.sora, west and s.f. del monte on my coding days and not once was i flagged down for coding. I've seen traffic enforcers looking at my plate and just smile, i've asked them if i coukd pass these roads and they had all replied in the positive. There were even a few occasions where i had to cross edsa and the traffic enforcers at the corners just tell me to make it quick going to tje other side.

Yesterday was a first, getting stopped for coding on a street where i use my car regularly on a coding day. And as i said there where many of us who were surprised. We all had thought all along this street is not covered under the uvvrp.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I always thought the uvvrp covers the major roads only. I've been using roads like congressional, mindanao, visayas, t.sora, west and s.f. del monte on my coding days and not once was i flagged down for coding. I've seen traffic enforcers looking at my plate and just smile, i've asked them if i coukd pass these roads and they had all replied in the positive. There were even a few occasions where i had to cross edsa and the traffic enforcers at the corners just tell me to make it quick going to tje other side.

Yesterday was a first, getting stopped for coding on a street where i use my car regularly on a coding day. And as i said there where many of us who were surprised. We all had thought all along this street is not covered under the uvvrp.
    actually, it should be the other way around. naka announce kay MMDA kung ano ang mga exempted na routes... pag wala dun, it means its covered by the uvvrp scheme, imho.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[/QUOTE]

actually, it should be the other way around. naka announce kay MMDA kung ano ang mga exempted na routes... pag wala dun, it means its covered by the uvvrp scheme, imho. pero depende pa din sa policy and mood ng enforcer yan.

sa amin sa las pinas, walang window, and covers the only main route which is the alabang-zapote road and the old national highway...may mga enforcer na pag nakita ka na may friendship sticker ka, papalampasin ka..... pero, nasita na din ako ng twice maski may sticker ako.....
    Last edited by 1D4LV; April 21st, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Full context from the MMDA website:

The Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP) or Number Coding Scheme starts at 7:00 am - 7:00 pm with window hours starting from 10:00 am - 3:00 in the afternoon.

The cities of Makati and Las Piñas do not implement window hours. Thus, number coding is strictly implemented from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.

The city of Pasig implements its window hour from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.

The city of Taguig does not implement the Number Coding Scheme within its internal roads. But the scheme is enforced on the National Roads within its boundaries, i.e. C5, East Service Road and Manuel L. Quezon.

The city of Parañaque implements the Number Coding Scheme, including the window hours (10:00am - 3:00pm), in the following roads:

San Antonio Avenue, Pres. Aguinaldo St., Dominique Savio St., Japan St., Michael Rua St., and France St. in Barangay Don Bosco.
    East Service Road from Dr. Santos Avenue up to FTI Parañaque area.
    West Service Road from Dr. Santos Avenue up to Merville Park Subdivision Parañaque area
    The cities of Marikina and Muntinlupa do not implement the Number Coding Scheme.

In addition, the following areas in Pasay do not implement the Number Coding Scheme: Ninoy Aquino Ave., MIA Road, Domestic Road, Airport Road, Sales Road, and portions of Buendia.

EDSA, C-5 Road, Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, and Roxas Boulevard are included in the implementation of Window Hours regardless of the city where they belong.

All Public Utility Buses (City and Provincial) are now covered under the Number Coding Scheme, with no "Window Hours". Motorcycles, on the other hand are exempted from the scheme.

All UVVRP exemptions and truck ban conduct passes granted in accordance with MMDA Regulation No. 96-005, as amended, MMDA Regulation 98-006-A, and MMDA Regulation 10-001 shall not include authority to use the Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue (EDSA).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Full context from the MMDA website:

The Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP) or Number Coding Scheme starts at 7:00 am - 7:00 pm with window hours starting from 10:00 am - 3:00 in the afternoon.

The cities of Makati and Las Piñas do not implement window hours. Thus, number coding is strictly implemented from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.

The city of Pasig implements its window hour from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.

The city of Taguig does not implement the Number Coding Scheme within its internal roads. But the scheme is enforced on the National Roads within its boundaries, i.e. C5, East Service Road and Manuel L. Quezon.

The city of Parañaque implements the Number Coding Scheme, including the window hours (10:00am - 3:00pm), in the following roads:

San Antonio Avenue, Pres. Aguinaldo St., Dominique Savio St., Japan St., Michael Rua St., and France St. in Barangay Don Bosco.
    East Service Road from Dr. Santos Avenue up to FTI Parañaque area.
    West Service Road from Dr. Santos Avenue up to Merville Park Subdivision Parañaque area
    The cities of Marikina and Muntinlupa do not implement the Number Coding Scheme.

In addition, the following areas in Pasay do not implement the Number Coding Scheme: Ninoy Aquino Ave., MIA Road, Domestic Road, Airport Road, Sales Road, and portions of Buendia.

EDSA, C-5 Road, Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, and Roxas Boulevard are included in the implementation of Window Hours regardless of the city where they belong.

All Public Utility Buses (City and Provincial) are now covered under the Number Coding Scheme, with no "Window Hours". Motorcycles, on the other hand are exempted from the scheme.

All UVVRP exemptions and truck ban conduct passes granted in accordance with MMDA Regulation No. 96-005, as amended, MMDA Regulation 98-006-A, and MMDA Regulation 10-001 shall not include authority to use the Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue (EDSA).