New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Re carpool, I'm waiting for UberHOP to go full blast and see if this is a viable hybrid solution to the car vs mass transit dilemma for Metro Manila riding public

Uber brings carpooling service UberHOP to Manila

Anyone knows any update? Limited run pa lang kasi

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Singapore or HK - yes
    Manila - pls no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    So sa 450 x 2 way x 21 days/month = 18,900. Amortization pa lang yan, dagdagan mo pa ng gas, PMS, insurance at sakit ng ulo pag may bangga o flat tire. Dagdag mo pa car wash, waiting in line for parking at parking fee, pa rehistro every year Haaay, sarap mag taksi
    As I said he already got the SUV.

In short he's paying already those you stated at the same time he still pay for the cab going to work and going home.

Sayang bayad sa PMS hehe then oo lang ng oo sa lahat ng sinasabi ng SA sa casa.

As for me, takot ako mag taxi hehe ewan ko ba siguro dahil hindi lang sanay.

By the way, last week naapreciate ko yan grabcar, naipit ako sa meeting. Need to pick-up wifey, i tried booking a grab car for her. It works!

Ang babaw ng kaligayahan ko feeling ko what an accomplishment, after my meeting she's waiting for me in the office na. Ayos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I used to have a pick up truck. Because of the traffic, I left it at my home province. And now only use my Vespa to travel from my apartment unit to work or use a big cylinder motorcycle to travel to the province or go on road trips. Of course it helps I don't have a family yet. I've been riding motorcycle for more than 15 years already.

I rent a place near my work so I can actually use a bicycle or walk to my office.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Try WUNDER, another car pooling app.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a cousin who gave up driving around Metro Manila and make use of Uber. They just use the family car on weekends or for late night trips. My brother-in-law has resorted to carpooling (and this guy has a high position in a established company/conglomerate).

In my case, i tried and failed miserably because commuting is just such as hassle and inconvenience in Metro Manila (at least when it comes to where i live and work). The mindset is, we have 1001 issues in mind already for our daily lives and we don't want to add the uncertainty of commuting to it. BUT, there are ways. If public transport was safe and convenient, hell yeah i'd give up using the car for my daily commute. If they had a direct train from the CBD to the outlying provinces like Bulacan, Pampanga, Cavite, Laguna, i'd even move out to the province for good.

* Niky. I drove south yesterday morning during the rush hour (first time in a long time) and boy i feel for you guys. It's one thing to get stuck in horrendous traffic stretching from Buendia to way past Alabang.. it's another thing to be paying toll to be stuck in that traffic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes, not even the skyway will spare you from traffic

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    Try WUNDER, another car pooling app.
    Na try mo ba? Or do you know someone who has, bro?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Now that I've had time to try and remember what traffic was like 5 or 10 years ago, it occurred to me that traffic has never really changed. It's worse today, for sure, but it's not like it was much better back then. I remember as a UP student at least one time we had to walk from Ateneo all the way to UP Campus because traffic had stopped moving, and this was possibly worse than the not-so-recent-but-cannot-be-forgotten event many come to know as carmaggedon. I remember I even had to pee in a bottle once.

Although efficient, safe and fast mass transport still seems like a distant dream, it feels good to read about all of your experiences, feelings and ideas on how to mitigate traffic. Tinatablan din naman pala kayo. Hehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I have a cousin who gave up driving around Metro Manila and make use of Uber. They just use the family car on weekends or for late night trips. My brother-in-law has resorted to carpooling (and this guy has a high position in a established company/conglomerate).

In my case, i tried and failed miserably because commuting is just such as hassle and inconvenience in Metro Manila (at least when it comes to where i live and work). The mindset is, we have 1001 issues in mind already for our daily lives and we don't want to add the uncertainty of commuting to it. BUT, there are ways. If public transport was safe and convenient, hell yeah i'd give up using the car for my daily commute. If they had a direct train from the CBD to the outlying provinces like Bulacan, Pampanga, Cavite, Laguna, i'd even move out to the province for good.

* Niky. I drove south yesterday morning during the rush hour (first time in a long time) and boy i feel for you guys. It's one thing to get stuck in horrendous traffic stretching from Buendia to way past Alabang.. it's another thing to be paying toll to be stuck in that traffic.
    Naku huwag na huwag ka mag-commute dyan. Makidnap ka bro!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast