New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi guys, im used in driving manual vehicles, but recently i bought an automatic transmission car. My license restriction is only 1 and 2, with this case do I need to update my license for 3? or the restriction of 2 will be enough to allow me to drive a matic car?

Your immediate response will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    enough na po ang restriction 2 since this is for both manual and automatic. ang restriction 4 ay pang automatic lang po (no manual)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    try this

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1891

baka makatulong.

I drive matic, restriction ko is 12

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. 2 covers all light vehicles whether manual, a/t, semi auto, or clutchless manual.

Kaso ang kotong cops natin ay mahina ang kokote pagdating sa ingles and will insist na dapat restriction 4 ka to drive a matic.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yup, 1&2 is enough.just wondering why they are not updating the printout at the back of the lic.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    yup, 1&2 is enough.just wondering why they are not updating the printout at the back of the lic.
    i think it is because it does not actually needed to be updated. for restriction 2, it states "vehicle up to 4500 kgs g v w" and it does not state that you are restricted to drive only manual vehicles unlike in restriction 4 where it states "automatic clutch up to 4500 kgs g v w" where it specifies that you are only restricted driving automatic vehicles. tama po si otep na mali yung interpretation ng mga kotong cops natin :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by weremanok View Post
    tama po si otep na mali yung interpretation ng mga kotong cops natin :D
    Knowing our kotong cops, kahit nakakaintindi ng tama yan, mali pa rin ang gagawin, basta lang maging pabor sa kanila

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sir thats enough for an private car with tranny using either Manual or Automatic.

License Restriction for Matic Vehicles