New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xer View Post
    sir, when we got our ride, we're just given one invoice with a date. After the first week, i requested for an extension of the conduction sticker and they gave me a computerized Lto invoice that they paid for the extension. i think i was given/requested 3 of those 'till i got my plates and or/cr.
    hi xer.
    tanong ko lang, sino ang nagbayad for the extension of the conduction sticker - you or the dealer? and how much is reflected in the invoice, if you dont mind? and when po ito - this year?

naiinis na nga ako sa SA ko kasi parang nakikiusap pa ako na gawan nya ako ng paraan para may papers ako maipakita just in case ma-flag down ako. and he's really hesitant to do something about it saying na hindi liable ang honda kung malaman na hindi talaga official yung delivery receipt. i told him how would they know considering that the extra copies would be printed just like the originals. iba-iba lang ang date.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    also got an experience tungkol riyan sa no plate no travel.. kase halos one month din bago lumabas yung requested number sa plate ko na supposed to be "7", according to citimotors, matagal daw talaga ang seven..

tama iyong mga nauna na napost na. delivery receipt lang (na nag lalast lang for a week) supposedly ang ipapakita mo sa mga sisita sa yo na otoridad.

ginagawa ko iyong me baon ako na mga blanko na delivery receipt at fill-up an ko na lang iyong delivery date...

ito na story, nag break in ako sa infanta, tagaytay, at baguio... wala sumita..kumpleto papel naman ako na delivery receipt if ever me sisita..so lusot...
    tapos nung ihahatid na ko sa airport pinara kami sa edsa (pasay) . no plate no travel raw talaga policy.. ipinapakita ko ang delivery receipt ayaw paniwalaan, dapat daw me travel authorization from kung kaninong pontio pilato (di ako pamilyar sa policies sa pinas OFW kasi ako), kung ano ano pang sinasabi sa min.. in the end, nangongotong lang pala iyong otoridad (?) bayad si tatay ko kasi siya ang driver... ayun, muntik na ko maiwan ng eroplano. buti na lang sira ang eroplano, di natuloy ang flight (gulf air)

so nagpasundo na ako sa airport, on our way home, dinaanan na namin sa citimotors makati ang plaka kung available na... at para i push na rin sila... eh talagang wala pa raw.. in-advise na lang ako na mag palit na lang ng request na plaka.. 1 and 2 raw in two days me makukuha sila... so pumayag na ako.. para lang magkaplaka na, personal use lang naman advie ko eh..

ito ang catch... kalalabas lang namin ng citimotor, pinara naman kami ng bataan ni binay. no plate no travel..unang sabi sa amin... kakoy, wala pa talaga plaka kahit i verify pa nila sa citimotor na kalapit lang ng pinag hulihan sa min. di namin kasalanan kung mabagal mag release ang LTO... ang hinuli namn sa amin ay coding... kasi raw ang conduction sticker namin ang coding nung araw na yun... BWISIT!!... ganon daw sa makati, pag wala pang plaka, iyon raw ang basehan-ang conduction sticker..ayun bayad na ako... sa pakikiusap ni tatay... kasi nga raw di ko alam ang regulasyon. ako na kasi nag drive.. kung nagkataon na si tatay ang drive naka dalawang huli siya sa isang araw... kainis talaga... di naman masabi na malas yung araw na yun.. talaga lang marami buwaya...

moral lesson... kahit okey pa lahat ng papeles mo.. at legal ang pag kaka acquire mo ng sasakyan.. huhulihin at huhulihin at kokotongan ka pa rin ng mga otoridad na ewan ko na lang..

sori humaba.. nadala lang ng bugso ng ramramin.!!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yep, ingat lang coding at ending ng conduction sticker ang basehan not only in makati but also in other areas in MM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happened to me too, pero once lang ako nahuli sa coding sa makati, but they didn't ask money from me and pinaalis na rin ako...I just talked to them and told them na bagong labas pa lang yun kotse..which in reality is 1 month na...

I also chose my ending plate number and 1 month na wala pa rin plate number ko, so what I did was get the plate release form from my casa and went to LTO on my own which in my case was in LTO novaliches...took me 10 minutes at na release kaagad ang plate number ko...talagang mabagal ang casa...

moral of the story, if you want things to be done, do it yourself...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Took me about a month to get plates for my Impreza, but then I never got stopped or anything. I even remember driving right by a couple of checkpoints.

On the off-hand, there was one time I was turning into katipunan from Marcos highway. An Innova ahead of me had no plates as well, he got stopped, I didn't. Mukhang selective enforcement din sila about that no-plate thing.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala naman akong naging problem na ganyan dito sa Makati.. 2 weeks lang naman kasi ako nag travel na walang plates.. after 2 weeks na release na nang CASA yung plates, ending with "3" last month.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Does anyone have a copy of the "No Plate No Travel" policy? Is this an MMDA directive? An LTO directive? PNP? I hope someone can provide me with a copy of the same. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila2 View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the "No Plate No Travel" policy? Is this an MMDA directive? An LTO directive? PNP? I hope someone can provide me with a copy of the same. Thanks!
    As far as I remember may moratorium na galing LTO pero hanggang April 31, 2010.

"Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 10:23:00 04/01/2010

MANILA, Philippines—The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has extended yet again the suspension of the “no plate, no travel” rule to prevent apprehensions of motorists amid a shortage of license plates and registration stickers.

The LTO in a statement said new stocks of vehicle registration materials had been delivered and it expected the supply situation to normalize soon.

“The supply for four-wheel vehicle has normalized while that for motorcycles is expected to follow soon,” said LTO chief Arturo Lomibao.

The LTO said it would allow cars without license plates on the streets for another month without apprehension.

“The LTO has extended until April 31 the moratorium on the No Plate No Travel policy for new vehicles
    and also the non-apprehension of vehicles that had been registered but were not issued windshield stickers and year tags due to lack of supply,” the LTO statement said.

Lomibao earlier said the shortage stemmed from the huge number of newly purchased cars and motorcycles.

He had expected the situation to normalize by the first week of March and directed that apprehensions be made beginning March 15.

He said the latest extension was meant to give vehicle owners time to return to the LTO to claim their license plates and stickers.

“Motorists are now advised to visit their local LTO office to claim the license plates of their vehicles,” the agency said.

Lomibao urged new vehicle owners not to be too “particular” about the license plates they would be getting, “so that they can immediately be issued available plates.”

This is because some car owners insist on getting particular numbers on their license plates to conform with their choice of number-coding day off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
License Plate's(NO PLATE! NO TRAVEL)