New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hello, I saw this car with an XKX*-### plate and I know these plates are supposed to have the Rizal monument design. Anyway his plates were painted white, while characters were green like the older plates. Is this legal? I assume his plate design might have faded of worn off since he didn't have any covers.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrieta View Post
    Hello, I saw this car with an XKX*-### plate and I know these plates are supposed to have the Rizal monument design. Anyway his plates were painted white, while characters were green like the older plates. Is this legal? I assume his plate design might have faded of worn off since he didn't have any covers.
    Ewan lang kasi di naman binago yung number pero ito yung nakalagay sa LTO website regarding plates.

18. Motor Vehicle number plates not firmly attached 200.00
    19. Obscure plates 200.00
    20. License plates different from body number on Public Utility MV 500.00
    21. Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate 500.00
    22. Display/Use of an expired commemorative plates or stickers 2,000.00
    23. tampered/ marked plates or stickers 2, 000.00
    24. Illegal transfer or use of MV regularly issued MV plates, tags or 10,000.00
    stickers except security plates on authorized Motor Vehicle

- Owners/Operators are conclusively presumed to have
    Committed the illegal transfer.
    - Drivers of MV involved in illegal transfer of plates, sticker
    shall suffer the suspension of their Driver’s License for
    three (3) months
    - if the MV with illegal transferred plates or stickers in used
    In the commissions of a crime, its owner shall suffer the penalty
    of 12,000.00 fine and suspension of plates and registration
    certificate and Official Receipt for two (2) years
    di lang natin alam kung ano ang interpretasyon ng TO sa violation # 23

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Yes, I've read those rules. Of course if the paint is faded or completely worn off then isn't it better to have it painted? It would be difficult though to replicate the Rizal monument design.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    tampered plates ang tawag don.. kung faded.. dalhin mo sa LTO sila lang pwede mag ayos non..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ok so this can be repainted as long as it is done by LTO.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    If you bring your plates to LTO, they will be considered 'dilapidated' and you will have to pay for the replacement plates.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ...yap,that was also the advised of lto to our old car's plate,nabakbak na yung pintura nya,just surrender it to them and you will pay for a new one;

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the replies. Anyway, the only problem with asking LTO to replace them is the wait. I think I read it here, it takes months or years to get the replacements.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Using ordinary paint will not reflect light at night... I tried using reflectorized stickers... white for the background and green for the letters and numbers... my plate is looking neat and new... may mga nabibili namang reflectorized stickers sa hardware.

License Plate Repainting