New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post

Nothing is wrong there I think. The enforcer was correct in stopping you if you turned left because you saw no opposing traffic.

If and only if there is a red left turn traffic light that is turned on.

However, if there is just a green left turn traffic light and the sequence is like this:

1. Both on - green left turn traffic light and green thru traffic light
    2. Green left turn traffic light turns off (no red left turn traffic light); green thru traffic light stays on
    3. You're approaching the intersection
    4. International practice is that you can turn left with caution

There lies the ambiguity. That's what the TS was contesting....

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    based on the thread title, there was an arrow left but was turned off. whether the arrow signal is busted or not, smart thing to do is to look at the opposing traffic (and the rest of the intersecting lanes) before doing a left turn with the assumption that they are wrong and you're right. in all cases, you will see that whichever lane moves, they had the green light. if you assume that all arrow on the traffic lights at the intersection are busted, then chances are, there is a TE directing the traffic. anyhow, if there is one that stops you for a violation, that means there is one that can direct the traffic. always safe to ask than to assume if unsure.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is exactly the case in numerous intersections in Pasig. They installed new traffic lights where the left turn traffic light turns green but does not turn to red to indicate no left turn. The main traffic light is still green so you will think it is ok to turn left.

Here are two intersections with this 'trap':

- C. Raymundo & Mercedez Avenue intersection
    - Mercedez Avenue & Market Avenue intersection

I was caught trying to make a left turn in the C. Raymundo & Mercedez Avenue intersection when the main light was green but the left turn light was off. TMPO indicated my violation as driving inside the yellow box

I've seen several vehicles being flagged for the same reason, most likely they are new to the area.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Obviously, our traffic light systems need to have that kind of improvement to eliminate the ambiguity.....

11.1K:transform:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^^

Our traffic system itself needs to have an imporvement.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by citizengeorge View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. The most rational, and international, rules, perhaps even default national rules in the Philippines, is stating the left turn arrow is permissive. It is completely absurd that MAPSA can make a rule that goes against that.

Any idea where I can find that exact phrasing? That left turn on left off is an illegal turn?

Thanks!
    Im also interested to check the rules or law regarding GREEN LEFT ARROW SIGN blinking MEANS STOP IMMEDIATELY...

Pinara ako so ang ending pagkapara sakin nawala na yung green blinking light, mabilis daw takbo ko at pinuwersa ko daw according to officer, i told him wait ho wala akong violation check ko dash cam ko... i show him my license pero diko inabot, pinanood ko maigi bago ko pinakita sa officer...

Violation ko daw disregarding traffic sign , kasi daw blinking left green arrow means STOP.... may 10 seconds ang blinking from 70 down to 60, nakaliko nako ng 72, d mabagal d mabilis

D ako nagpaticket, pinaulit ulit kong ipakita sa officer yung kuha ng dash cam... ending papalampasin daw ako since tagarito lang ako...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234