New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    you can get your international driver's permit in AAP office. i got mine 6 weeks ago. got it in 30 mins.

you need to get AAP membership to be eligible to get the driver's permit.
    other requirements are here:
    AAPhilippines | Automobile Association Philippines

accurate naman yung info. please note you need to bring 2pcs 2x2 picture since they will use this in the permit itself.
    thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *double post

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    thank you very much.
    where are you planning to go? when we rented a car in UK, the rent-a-car comply only asked for my PH driver's license. as far as i know, basta english speaking countries and they're part of the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic, our PH license is valid.

the content of the International Driver's Permit is only the translation of the PH license to different languages.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    -------------------------

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    where are you planning to go? when we rented a car in UK, the rent-a-car comply only asked for my PH driver's license. as far as i know, basta english speaking countries and they're part of the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic, our PH license is valid.

the content of the International Driver's Permit is only the translation of the PH license to different languages.
    we're planning to go to Dubai this Christmas break. my sister-in-law said that Dubai requires an IDP.

i used my PH driver's license in the US and Ireland with no problem also.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yes, you need IDP in Dubai/UAE. I wasn't able to drive there coz' i only jave my PH license.

Dubai vacation, well, one of the best- desert safari, burj khalifa, ski dubai, atlantis,

yas waterworld and ferrari world in abu dhabi, don't forget the roller coaster ride

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
International license