New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    OT. Where do you get you 18650 cells?

Gusto ko sana sumubok ng DIY power walls. Kahit small projects lang (tipong pang DSL Router or LCD TV).
    Kaso wala akong makitang bulk sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Dagdag sa OT. What's the highest capacity in terms of mAH of an 18650? Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

the highest capacity right now is the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah. 52pcs went into that spot-welded pack

PM me if you need some

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

the highest capacity right now is the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah. 52pcs went into that spot-welded pack

PM me if you need some
    Are these authentic 18650s? Worry ko pag bumili fake ones sa Lazada or cheap ones baka ampaw ang laman and di tatagal, or worse, makasira pa ng gamit.

I just have a few electronic items (not vape) that I want to use longer thus the need for high mAH capacity.

If so san ok bumili? No treally planning on making a pack out of it

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Are these authentic 18650s? Worry ko pag bumili fake ones sa Lazada or cheap ones baka ampaw ang laman and di tatagal, or worse, makasira pa ng gamit.

I just have a few electronic items (not vape) that I want to use longer thus the need for high mAH capacity.

You have to test those 18650s before using it in a battery pack/powerwall.
    Kahit brand new, tine-test nila.

I watched some youtube vids on this. Testing is easy. Need lang ng charging device na may LED display to show voltage ng bawal battery.

Assembly (soldering) and the electronic stuff and mahirap.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013

I watched some youtube vids on this. Testing is easy. Need lang ng charging device na may LED display to show voltage ng bawal battery.

I'm not planning to use it as a pack. Planning to use 18650 as individual battery for some of my electronic gadgets.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dongotskills View Post
    Yes, there was this Tesla car spotted in Timog Ave with a new plate.
    based sa personal count ko (local forums + FB) 4 na nakita kong Tesla (3 white - iba plate numbers and 1 black)

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why not?
    engine or motor numbers are simply ID numbers of the engine.
    other than identification purposes, they serve no other function to the LTO.
    During the old days (more than 10 years ago) kailangan mo ng local receipt from an authorized seller ng engine.

Di ka pwedeng bumili ng engine from US/Japan tapos ibox mo papunta dito... Not unless dumaan ka sa local importer.

Not sure about current LTO rules, pero if thats the case... Kailangan may authorized shop ka for the engine para tanggapin nila yung serial number ng electric motor.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Yung mga PH UV na umiikot sa festival mall eh naka Orange LTO plates. So i guess LTO can register electric vehicles! I think they use Motolite batteries based on motolite stickers on the windshield
    PUVs meet the 60km/h max speed LTO requirement.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the local importer usually provides the paper trail.

i am guessing, that if the private user be the importer, he might get saddled with all manner of local import taxes and other requirements.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 19th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014

as i've said i've got battery technology all figured out already. this is the kind of authenticity testing that i do. by comparing discharge curves against a reference curve, authenticity is guaranteed 100%

PM me. i sell these things

btw the pack seen above is spot-welded, not soldered

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123