New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The correct answer is to not be in the fast lane in the first place.

The proper following distance between yourself and the car in front of you is one which will allow you to brake to a full stop with distance to spare if the driver in front suddenly stops or hits an obstacle.

This is typically at least two seconds... preferably adding another second or two as your speed increases from 80-100 km/h or beyond. Two seconds at 100 km/h is about 50 meters (hey, I'm close... according to my calculator, about 55 meters). A safe following distance, considering you don't have the reflexes of an F1 driver, then, is about 75-100 meters.

This is a lot of space. About ten to twenty car lengths. That should be ample room to slow down and/or pull aside.

And you should make it a habit to pull aside every time you overtake. Once you've overtaken another car, pull back over to the right lane, even if there's another slower car that you'll have to pull out to overtake some 200 meters ahead. Being in the middle lanes gives you plenty of options and escape routes should any emergency situation develop ahead of you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Same situation rin yang SLEX dito EDSA, maraming nababangga sa mga barriers. As if hindi pa sapat ang nagkalat na road maniacs (specifically bus drivers), kailangan pa nilang dagdagan ng obstacle course. Pag nabangga ka ay kasalanan mo pa. Ika nga e Onli In The Pilipins . . . Mga tinamaan ng LiNtEk!

Sabihin pa sa iyo ng mga damuh*ng namamahala.... "mahinang driver kasi..."....

8202:sampay:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
I was in a CAR CRASH along SLEX caused by orange barrier