New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    world class! as in, new york traffic-class.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Naalala ko tamiya pag nakikita ko yung elevated uturns sa C5.😆

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    The remaining legacy of the Bayani Fernando era, the dreaded U-turn slot. Either you love it or hate it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    I hate it to fine bits.

C-5 last night (around 920pm) was okay after the elevated u-turns and bagong ilog flyovers. I noticed though that trucks were scarce (maybe the colorums were avoiding the MMDA apprehension team near Lanuza).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think U-turn slots and rotondas are ok per se, but they have to be built as part of the overall plan. Hindi pwede yung isingit lang doon ng basta-basta, like what BF did. So as not to hinder the overall flow of traffic, which is what the U-turn slot is supposed to be doing, there should be lanes just for the U-turners. Straight traffic should not be impeded. Nahighlight lang lalo yung bad habits ng pinoy sa merging and making turns from the outermost lanes. Not to mention yung mga public transport na 6 lanes kung mag-u-turn hindi nila ma-apprehend.

Waze was a little off last Sunday. U-Turn slot pa yung orientation niya, so when I came down from J.Vargas hoping to go to Libis, I got stuck. Anyhow, used better judgement and got out of there. In theory, the traffic lights should impede the supposedly continuous flow of straight thru traffic. But since there is no such thing as straight thrum with all those bottlenecks and hazards, the traffic lights should work.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Took the same route, except I tried to exit at Calle Industria intersection.... still bad

Couldn't go to C5 as Marcos Hiway in the Dela Paz area is already choked with traffic.

Before, on a good day, I can reach the office before 8am. Now, its 830. Not only this traffic is testing my patience, its stressing my bladder!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Today is not as good as yesterday. Ipi/ortigas to lanuza is moderate to heavy this morning 7am; It was light to moderate yesterday.

Travel time from ortigas extension to kapitolyo is back to almost an hour. When yesterday it only took 30mins.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far, so bad.

Had a hard time crossing C-5 last night. Ortigas was backed up till Greenmeadows. Julia Vargas was backed up way pass Starbucks. Lanuza was backed up till St. Martin, even with a counterflow going on. Had to go all the way to Shaw Blvd. just to cross C5 into Pasig.

Hard to imagine that this would improve traffic, specially if you traverse the whole of C5 and not coming from the newly opened intersections. At least before, you were crawling. Now, you get to a full stop multiple times.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think having the U-turn slots is still better than having those traffic lights. Although the U-turn slots should be properly design so that "singeteros" can't do what they usually do. Dapat sa mga U-turn slots ay may harang talaga para 1 lane lang ang ma-occupy ng mga mag uu-turn.

Kung madedesign nila ng ganyan sigurado akong mas maluwag ang trapik. Oh BTW, yung mga buwisit ng jeep na ginagawang terminal yung sa tapat ng eastwood, dapat sa mga yan ay pasabugin!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    I think having the U-turn slots is still better than having those traffic lights. Although the U-turn slots should be properly design so that "singeteros" can't do what they usually do. Dapat sa mga U-turn slots ay may harang talaga para 1 lane lang ang ma-occupy ng mga mag uu-turn.

Kung madedesign nila ng ganyan sigurado akong mas maluwag ang trapik. Oh BTW, yung mga buwisit ng jeep na ginagawang terminal yung sa tapat ng eastwood, dapat sa mga yan ay pasabugin!
    Agree! These are the same guys who stop at the foot of the flyover headed to Santolan/Katipunan para magsakay/baba. Grrr!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

U-turn slots are stop-gap roundabouts. So to legitimize them, the signalized intersections should be made into roundabouts. Mahirap sa Pinas halong American at Brit sa traffic policy, kaya di tuloy marunong sa roundabout mga Pinoy. Mythbusters yung nag-simulate, and they found that roundabouts moved traffic faster than stop-go intersections.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
How's traffic in c5 now that uturn slots have been replaced by traffic lights?