New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    has anyone replaced their old license plates? ang pangit na kasi nung license plate ng kotse ko. i want it replaced with the new one... yung may matatag na republika. how do you apply for one in LTO? how long does it take and much would it cost?

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    you can do it yourself but i don't know the steps involved. however, i've replaced two sets of plates courtesy of Olan Mojica. cost me 1500 but i was spared the hassle. it takes around 2 weeks.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by taxo_p View Post
    has anyone replaced their old license plates? ang pangit na kasi nung license plate ng kotse ko. i want it replaced with the new one... yung may matatag na republika. how do you apply for one in LTO? how long does it take and much would it cost?

thanks in advance!
    Last century (around 1998 or 1999, hehehe), it cost me Php250.00 to have my "LOST PLATES" replaced by LTO. I don't remember how long I waited, though.

It will probably cost not more than Php500.00 nowadays.

from the LTO website (Hmm... I can't find the fess for duplicate plates):

http://www.lto.gov.ph/mvreq3.html
    Request For Duplicate Plates / Replacement Stickers [Top] Documents Required For Private Motor Vehicles
    1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR [Download this form here]
    3. Clearance from LETAS
    4. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)
    Documents Required For For-Hire Motor Vehicles
    1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Affidavit of Loss
    3. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR [Download this form here]
    4. Clearance from LETAS
    5. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    alam ko maraming affidavit kelangan jan ..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    for old plates you just need the OR and CR. what i did was i sent the two to Olan Mojica then i waited for about 2 weeks then we met inside LTO Main where i handed over my old plates. After a few minutes i had my new plates.

if you do it yourself, it will cost you not more than 600 pesos, but just imagine the hassle.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    who is Olan Mojica??? how can we contact him???

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    this is olan mojica's number: 09202099836
    he will ask that you give the original OR and xerox CR, you may meet him if you live near east ave or you may LBC the documents to him. i chose to have the papers sent through LBC. anyways, this is his address - 14 mabilis st. Piñahan, quezon city

after about 2 weeks you're gonna meet and surrender your old plates then he'll give you your new plates (after a few minutes only). payment follows the turnover of new plates.

anyway, just tell him jun of tsikot.com refered you to him. goodluck!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

When one of our cars was stolen some years ago and it was recovered the following day,- its plate number was changed....

5808:bee:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Meron na po ba nag pa duplicate ng plate number lately?

how to replace old license plate