New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How near are you from the vehicle before in a full stop traffic situation?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't see the bumper

2 9.09%
  • I can still see the bumper

5 22.73%
  • I can see the rear wheels

14 63.64%
  • Another car can fit between us

1 4.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ako between the 2nd and the 3rd eh. Depende kung gaano ka steep ang incline , gaano ka traffic, etc. Di na umaatras ng super layo eh. One time may incline na traffic at yung sa tingin ko ay di masyado marunong mag drive ng MT binigyan ko ng 1 car length kaso it just gave her more momentum to do more damage to my car!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I crawl up to the car in front of me until I can see his/her bumper. When uphill, I give a little more breathing room.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pag traffic, bumper to bumper and alalay sa brake...

pag hi - way naman, mga 2-3 cars space.. usually depends on the situation din..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Couldn't answer the poll because it will depend on the vehicle I'm driving. If I'm driving a snub-nosed vehicle like an L-300 or an Urvan, I can keep a distance enough to maneuver (and not annoy the car in front of me) and practically see the rear armrest of the vehicle in front of me. When I drive a long (and high) nosed vehicle like a Fortuner for example, I can only see the tail lights or the bumper of the car in front of me.

It's not important for me to see the front end of the vehicle I'm driving, I only keep an 'estimate' in my mind and take a snap shot of the dimensions of the car in my head.

To answer your question, in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I keep a distance enough for me to switch lanes but stay close enough to fill the lane for the car behind. Highway speeds, I follow the 2-second rule.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I-qualify ko lang yung sagot ko. "Another car can fit between us" kasi yung car, Picanto. Pero hindi ibig sabihin, makakasingit pa siya. "Can Fit" doesn't mean "Can find its way in." Joke.

Pero, actually, nagkamali lang ako ng pindot sa mouse. Sorry po. Dapat dun ako sa 3rd option, e. Darn trigger finger.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Usually I let enough space between me and the car infront to see the bottom of his rear tires. This gives me enough space to maneuver my car around his car if the need arises.
    Same reasoning here.

I would leave one entire car length, but that irritates the driver behind you, since it allows people to cut in line.

I leave enough space so that I have maneuvering room, and more importantly, room to accelerate and punch out into the next lane, should the need arise... if the guy in front, for example, is stopping to turn or picking up passengers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yung kita ko pa yung rear wheels. pero kahit gitgitan, at the very least gusto ko kita ko pa yung bumper.

advantage din ito sa bumper to bumper traffic. kasi pag umandar na yung nasa harap, you have more room to floor the accelerator. kesa pag nakadikit ka na talaga, dapat dahan-dahan lang at baka matamaan mo yung nasa harap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How near are you from the vehicle before you?