New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I will pass, I have passed the actual Saudi driving licensing exam (LHD) and the Netherlands driving exam (RHD).

In Saudi Arabia, it is a given that Filipinos on the average will pass the actual driving exam at around 60% only. 40% would really fail because of failure to follow road signs and safety. The last part of Saudi exam was the parallel parking where most will not get it right, you miss one time, you fail. You fail you have to pay again for re examination and use of test car.

eto - i want a racing licence, paano makapasa? saan kukuha? yan gusto ko ma-experience.

sa lto: 59/60 ang mark na makukuha mo.. lower than that aanga-anga ka or sadyang mahiyain ka.

the 60th answer lies in front of you while waiting na pumasok kayo sa exam room. and hindi ito makikita sa malaking reviewer na nakapost dun, kung di sa paligid-ligid at medyo mataas.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    When I took the exam, the questionaire have answers already and need to copy and write on the answer sheet...easy for me but actually I read the questionaire and not that hard and no drive test since they've seen me driving my car...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    i passed the written and actual exams back in 1997... i would still pass if given the chance to take it nowadays.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'd pass even with one hand tied behind my back.
    Then you would fail. A true examiner will fail you for driving with one hand unless you are shifting gears. I know a couple of people that failed because they started driving with one hand only and the examiner told them to turn around and go back to the DMV.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    I will pass, I have passed the actual Saudi driving licensing exam (LHD) and the Netherlands driving exam (RHD).

In Saudi Arabia, it is a given that Filipinos on the average will pass the actual driving exam at around 60% only. 40% would really fail because of failure to follow road signs and safety. The last part of Saudi exam was the parallel parking where most will not get it right, you miss one time, you fail. You fail you have to pay again for re examination and use of test car.
    Sana maging ganito rin LTO natin.

I've actually seen the testing compound. I really hope they modernize the testing grounds at LTO. Kaya daming drivers sa tin pag park lang di pa matino.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    In other countries like Saudi Arabia, actual driving test has more weight in passing than written exam (70% actual - 30% written). On actual exam if you only look at the side mirrors when doing turns without doing additional head turn sight on the sides, you will fail. Driving test and license cost 500 Saudi riyals and it is really expensive.

Katwiran nila kung papatay ka lang ng ibang tao sa kalye mabuti pang huwag kang bigyan ng lisensya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Just because you passed the written test doesn't mean you'll pass the practical driving exam.

And passing the LTO practical exam before doesn't mean you'd pass a properly administered practical exam.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think papasa ako kasi may reviewer ako na binili sa national bookstore when i was there but wala na ako practical dahil wala daw available na car(that was in LTO caloocan),magbigay nalang daw ako ng 100, that time hapon na and pagod na ako sa sobrang init.seryoso talaga ako nong time na yun dahil i need my Pro License to get International permit to spain, Unfortunately 1 year valid lang yung permit so i decided to enroll in driving school here, but in english session...naka 7 takes ako before i pass the written exam tsk! tsk! ibang iba dito sa rules and scenario na binibigay sa exam. Pro 1 take lang ako sa practical hehehe!!!. dito kailangan pagbutihin dahil napakamahal ng every examination..nagastos ko 1,550 euros to get my license wheww!!! Sana ganito kahigpit LTO sa atin para all drivers are responsible.

Sorry mahaba kwento ko ahehehe!!!! just sharing.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    If the LTO were to actually require all drivers to undergo an honest-to-goodness road test (walang under the table, ha), what percentage of drivers would actually pass??

Would you pass??
    Definitely would pass. I have taken practical driving tests in Saudi Arabia, Singapore and in China. Passed them all.

Except I failed the "mission impossible" parallel parking test when I applied for a license at LTO Cainta.

See my post about it. It was quite an experience

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
How many would pass a driving test?