New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How do you normally park your car?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nose first

12 27.91%
  • Tail first

26 60.47%
  • I don't know how to park my car

1 2.33%
  • My car parks by itself.

4 9.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Wait.. busy making other polls eh ....

Given the choice, I park tail-in.

But sometimes, I also park with the sun behind the car (open parking). This helps prevent the sun from roasting my hands on a extremely hot steering wheel when I get back to the car.
    :bwahaha:

it sucks when your interior is black or dark color with leather seats just like my altis, grabe parang roasted lechon ako when i park on afternoons.

even my V-kool tint has a minimal effect

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just like the others...tails first for easy exit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Well, I put the gear on P (Park)

Actually, that was how my cousin thought about that letter P. He's used to drive manual tranny and that was the first time he drove an automatic tranny(i think).

So i explained to him the meaning of those letter in the tranny and when i said "P" stands for park. he said "astig naman nyan pinsan. Yan ba yung nagpapark ng magsolo?"

Kasi nga sanay sa manual at first time nya nakahawak ng matic. hehehe...

Back to topic.

Kapag sa garahe at sa mall parking. Usually likod muna since have sensor.
    Kita na kasi sa agad side mirror ang gilid at mas madaling umasinta kapag ganun.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    pag masikip yung parking... tail first.

pag maraming room para mag maneobra, nose first.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pantyhacker View Post
    ako patagilid , parallel parking , kasi ganun yung parking sa work ko pati sa tapat ng appartment ko, sa labas lang kasi ako ng kalsada nag papark. dyahe naman kung nose first o likod kung lahat ng kotse nakatagilid..
    Wow, may 4-wheel steering pala ang kotse mo, sir...

O baka ganito pag-park mo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGyRZLMUySM&feature=dir"]YouTube - TOYOTA iQ :: トヨタ iQ - easy parking[/ame]

Seriously, though, kahit parallel parking pa, may mauuna pa rin, either nose, or tail. So which one is it for you?
    Last edited by woohoo; May 16th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In most cases, nose first. I find that parking tail first takes more time as opposed to backing out (if nose first) of your slot. This is due to corrections you sometimes have to make since the space is tighter backing in than backing out. It follows you're likely to use more gas than necessary when parking tail first.
    In my experience, most parking lots in malls have too narrow spaces in the middle, so one has to spend more time going nose first than tail first. Besides, 99% of the time, tail first is easier and consumes less time.

I agree with the others -- follow the instructions if the owner prefers that you park this way or that. Slanted parking usually implies nose first.

But I prefer tail first when possible.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Wow, may 4-wheel steering pala ang kotse mo, sir...

O baka ganito pag-park mo:

YouTube - TOYOTA iQ :: トヨタ iQ - easy parking

Seriously, though, kahit parallel parking pa, may mauuna pa rin, either nose, or tail. So which one is it for you?

hahaha. ayos yun . syempre depende, pagmaluwag nose first. pag may kotse sa harap at likod, tail first

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-loe3xXLg&feature=related"]YouTube - How to Parallel Park[/ame]

pero masyadong maluwag to. unlike here in europe. you had to worry pa sa mga passing car.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Tail-first. I ignore signs that say "park facing the wall." Usually there isn't any sound reason for doing so other than preventing muffler-exhaust stains from forming on the walls.

On my Jazz, parking tail-first is actually much easier than parking nose-first. The rear end's length is easier to judge than the front. I notice on the rare occasions I park nose-first, I have six whole inches of air to go before hitting anything.
    Last edited by Type 100; May 31st, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Double post
    Last edited by Type 100; May 31st, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    tail first most of the time. you never know when you have to leave quickly!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How do you normally park?