New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Good tips video and the fig 1 and fig4. ma try nga.

btw you do not need to re-adjust to park in reverse. mura lang naman ang parking sensors (and some cars come with it) just have these installed (P1,500 pesos ata)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Good tips video and the fig 1 and fig4. ma try nga.

btw you do not need to re-adjust to park in reverse. mura lang naman ang parking sensors (and some cars come with it) just have these installed (P1,500 pesos ata)
    sir OldSchoolHAck: what i meant was if you are parking in reverse and you are using fig 1 and fig 4, you won't be able to see the sides of your car which could be a problem when parking in malls (where parking spaces are really narrow).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree to this. I used to insist in having to see a part of my car in the side mirrors but a blind spot can hide a whole car so I shifted to figures 1 and 4 because it allows you to have the visibility of the blind spots. It does take familiarization though.

Parking in reverse - the recommendation is to turn your head and look back and not just look in the mirrors. It allows a wider angle of view.

Parking in reverse in a tight spot is where you will need the side mirrors but even if your mirrors are still positioned as suggested here (fig 1 & 4), you don't need to re-adjust your mirrors - it's easier to just lean your head a bit to be able to see a part of your car and the obstruction.

In a driving journey, parking only happens at the end of your journey so I'd rather keep the wider visibility (fig 1 & 4) in place.

Have a safe journey everybody.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    Agree to this. I used to insist in having to see a part of my car in the side mirrors but a blind spot can hide a whole car so I shifted to figures 1 and 4 because it allows you to have the visibility of the blind spots. It does take familiarization though.

Parking in reverse - the recommendation is to turn your head and look back and not just look in the mirrors. It allows a wider angle of view.

Parking in reverse in a tight spot is where you will need the side mirrors but even if your mirrors are still positioned as suggested here (fig 1 & 4), you don't need to re-adjust your mirrors - it's easier to just lean your head a bit to be able to see a part of your car and the obstruction.

In a driving journey, parking only happens at the end of your journey so I'd rather keep the wider visibility (fig 1 & 4) in place.

Have a safe journey everybody.
    +1 to that.. Mas kontrolado ko ang pagpark kapag tumingin ako sa likod..

I tried this fig.1 and 4 a couple of days back, medyo mahirap pala masanay.. Nasanay kasi ako sa nakikita ko yung kotse sa side mirrors (although yung rear door handle lang ang kita).. Mahirap din, kasi ang liit ng view ko sa rear windshield ng vios..

Kapag yung fig. 3 ko naman (center view of rear windshield), konti na lang kita ko na tenga ko, hehe

Question: Kapag sa figures 1 and 4 ba, kailangang naka todo adjust sa kanan and kaliwa yung mirrors mo? Or in between lang pero di pa rin kita ang any part of the driver's car?

EDIT OT: ooooh, it's my 600th post
    Last edited by Chikselog; March 30th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots