New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

MMDA

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will conduct a one-week dry run on the implementation of High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane along Edsa starting on Monday, December 11, 2017, at 6am.

According to AGM Garcia, the implementation for dry run of HOV Lane located at the fifth and left most lane along Edsa, was approved by the Metro Manila Council (MMC) during its meeting yesterday, December 5, 2017.

AGM Garcia said only those with two passengers or more would have the privilege to pass through the HOV Lane. Motorcycle riders can also use the said lane aside from the motorcycle lane in the fourth lane. Private car drivers with no companion can still use the motorcycle lane (2nd) and third lane from the MRT.

Violators will be apprehended via no-contact apprehension policy and will be meted P500 fine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    niceeee. this is awesome 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    “YAKMAN TINTS” lane

HOV laneHOV laneHOV lane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

i have a ptz camera in the garage. has IR LEDs and IR cut filter so it has decent day/night capability

both cars have dark tints. but under infrared you don't have privacy at all

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Aaaand another stupid traffic scheme to ruin anyone's day...

MMDA to set 50 km/h speed limit for EDSA, C5, Commonwealth
    (UPDATED) Also covered by the plan to reduce the speed limit are Roxas Boulevard, Quezon Avenue, and Marcos Highway

Rambo Talabong
    Published 4:45 PM, December 06, 2017
    Updated 6:20 PM, December 06, 2017

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – EDSA and several other major roads will soon have a speed limit of 50 kilometers per hour (km/h), announced Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Assistant General Manager Jojo Garcia on Wednesday, December 6.

Aside from EDSA, Garcia told Rappler that the plan to lower the speed limit also covers Circumferential Road 5 (C5), Commonwealth Avenue, Roxas Boulevard, Quezon Avenue, and Marcos Highway.

"Na-i-propose dito through sa congressional hearing namin na ibaba ang speed limit... from 60, binaba natin 'yan ng 50 kilometers per hour," Garcia said in a press briefing.

(It was proposed here through a congressional hearing to lower the speed limit... from 60, we lowered it to 50 kilometers per hour.)

In a text message to Rappler, Garcia said they have yet to sign the resolution for its implementation.

"After signing the resolution. Maybe a few weeks [from now we will implement it]," he said.

Asked for the rationale behind the reduced speed limit, Garcia said in the briefing that they want to prevent accidents.

"Maraming aksidente. 'Yung mga trucks kailangan ng maintenance, meron pang overloading. So para sa safety," he added.

(There are a lot of accidents. Trucks need maintenance, and some of them are even overloading. So it's for safety.)

Garcia also pointed out that while most people are used to EDSA at a standstill, the highway is less congested late at night and before dawn. (READ: Duterte's EDSA traffic: Data say it's faster, drivers say nothing's changed) – Rappler.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

i have a ptz camera in the garage. has IR LEDs and IR cut filter so it has decent day/night capability

both cars have dark tints. but under infrared you don't have privacy at all
    yan siguro gamit sa seatbelt law enforcement sa ibang bansa...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Aaaand another stupid traffic scheme to ruin anyone's day...

MMDA to set 50 km/h speed limit for EDSA, C5, Commonwealth
    Ayos to. Para magamit ko na speed limiter function ng everest. Siguro may ganung feature din oto ng naka isip nito.. LOL

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yan siguro gamit sa seatbelt law enforcement sa ibang bansa...

good thing IR is easy to defeat. just install IR lamps. they'll blind the cameras

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    good thing IR is easy to defeat. just install IR lamps. they'll blind the cameras
    wide band ?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    blow up doll ang katapat.

paano kung ang kasama mo sa car ay bata below 12 y.o. for safety considerations syempre nasa likod yun at di kita ng camera? how to prove that you had passengers on the back seat?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast