New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bawal talaga ang heavy tint sa sasakyan if we were to follow the law strictly. Sa U.S. 5% light transmission ang darkest na legal ikabit sa private vehicles (that equates to 'manyak tint' in our local setting). But putting them on the windshield and front side windows (in some states) is illegal.

But we don't strictly enforce this regulation so it's ok to tint your vehicle. Wala ka naman masamang intensyon. Even mga cars ng friends ko sa police at military eh tinted din naman. And when you buy a new car from the dealer, almost always standard nang tinted ang windshield lalo na kung mid to high end model kukunin mo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    But we don't strictly enforce this regulation so it's ok to tint your vehicle. Wala ka naman masamang intensyon. Even mga cars ng friends ko sa police at military eh tinted din naman. And when you buy a new car from the dealer, almost always standard nang tinted ang windshield lalo na kung mid to high end model kukunin mo.
    With the heat nowadays and the large windshields of most cars, having the entire front tinted has been pretty mandatory already. I remember before, we could drive around comfortably all year round with no tint on our cars. Now, hindi na.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXBadBoy View Post
    yes bawal naka full black tint ako...sitahin pag may check point.
    sa checkpoint, just open your windows for them to see you kung heavily tinted ka, then turn off headlights, that simple.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Whatever the reason for front tints, isa lang ang request ko: please don't use your high beams at night. Reminds me of my stupid neighbor who was coming in at night and his lights were on high beam. I was ending my run and about to go home. Naturally, the glare from his lights was very irritating. So I politely asked him dim his lights. Sinagot ako ng, "Sorry pare. Naka-tint kasi (front) windhshield ko..."

If you drive a car with tinted front windshield and have difficulty seeing at night, pls remove the tint. Then when faced with the ff. situations, my advice would be:

1. On a hot, sunny day, at mainit ang dashboard at manibela pag pasok mo, buy car shades. They're cheaper.
    2. On a hot sunny day at nasisilaw ka sa pagmamaneho, buy sunglasses. Baka makadagdag pogi points pa sa yo. Designer brands may be more expensive than tinting your car, but you can opt for the less expensive ones, right?
    3. If you must tint for security reasons, get a driver who sees well at night and can manage with lights on low beam. You will do the motoring public a big service.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Fully Tinted Front Windshield-Legal Ba?