New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gadgets, such as mobile phones, positioned at a vehicle's windshield that directly distract the line of sight of the driver will be banned starting May 18.

The Anti-Distracted Driving Law takes effect on Thursday, and violators will face penalties of up to P20,000 and revocation of their licenses.

Even hands-free devices, as long they obstruct the line of sight of the driver, would be in violation of the law.

Using cellphones for texting or making calls or sending messages while driving will also be banned.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will apprehend and issue violation tickets to drivers caught texting or calling even if the red light is on.
    FOREWARNED: Gadgets at car windshields banned starting May 18 | ABS-CBN News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good thing. Cd slot mount gamot ko, so Wala Sa line of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Let's hope they don't mess with dashcams. Most of them are installed at or near line-of-sight locations.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    may pagkaka-peraan na naman ang mga traffic enforcers

paano kung tinted ang windshield, are they allowed to peek inside your car now?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Open to hulidap yung interpretation ng "line of sight"... MMDA should come out with memo that behind/under the rear view mirror is not "line of sight".

James Deakin
    14 mins ·

Ok, this article seems to be creating panic--or at least the choice of image taken from Wikipedia.

So if it makes you feel any better, I clarified with the MMDA and Dashcams will NOT be affected under the new act

PROVIDED it does not obstruct the drivers view.

If you place it where it's supposed to be placed, which is behind the rear view mirror or just below, it is perfectly fine.

Just not in your line of sight. They are only concerned about it blocking the view of the driver. That's all.

On a separate note, there really should be more clarification on the 'line of sight' as I can see its interpretation on the roadside being a potential source of extortion either through ignorance or malice.

Take waze for example.

Having it on a suction cup on the windscreen below the rear view is a lot safer to glance at than looking at the center console or passenger seat.

Anyone that drives would know this. Sadly, not all enforcers do. And therein lies the rub.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Another money making for traffic enforcers. imagine the penalty cost. It will surely attract others for under the table settlement 😁

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    above the eyes pwede diba? lower the seats?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 View Post
    Another money making for traffic enforcers. imagine the penalty cost. It will surely attract others for under the table settlement ��

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    maybe if we just remove the gadgets from the forbidden place...?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe if we just remove the gadgets from the forbidden place...?
    In the case of dash cams it is impossible doc. Of course it has to peek through the windshield to record anything. And enforcers can argue it is part of your line of sight because it is.

Another gadget that will most likely draw attention is heads up display. Bet enforcers don't even know what it is.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    latest update: bawal na din tumingin sa instrument cluster

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
No Cellphone While Driving Law starts on May 18