New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i doubt it.. wikipedia is a crappy resource for information..
    and the quality of the road along pulilan to san fernando is not that good,
    compared from balintawak to tabang exit na super ganda ng road surface..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I remeber,several time akong may nakasabay na porche sa nlex, convoy sila and they are running like hell, konting pagkakamali lang, i.m sure wasak talaga ang sasakyan, i don't know if they are allowed to run in nlex up to their top speed but they do it...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean explorer View Post
    I remeber,several time akong may nakasabay na porche sa nlex, convoy sila and they are running like hell, konting pagkakamali lang, i.m sure wasak talaga ang sasakyan, i don't know if they are allowed to run in nlex up to their top speed but they do it...
    I see some convoys like these from time to time but most seem to be behaved (hopefully all the way); they may be running at a fast clip but they're not excessively fast, remain in lane and don't swerve around like maniacs. My guess is they're on the way to the tracks or are on a fun run enroute to some twisties.

I dont mind them doing their speed runs as long as its done when there's no traffic which is still possible in some portions of SCTEX during certain times of the day. If they're careless, let's just hope they remember that there are other people also using the road and there are tracks in Clark and Batangas open to them for all the high speed, balls-out running they would want.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean explorer View Post
    It's not really allowed but when the cats are away, the mice will play.

Anyway, I have driven Manila-to-Subic in one hour a few times.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 3rd, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    I accidentally came across this article in Wikipedia.

Can someone confirm this?

Here's the link
    -----------------------------
    Speed limit

80 km/h near Metro Manila, 100 km/h in rural areas, but 120 km/h is permitted. Speed limits are strictly enforced via CCTV cameras and speed guns, and speeders are usually identified as soon as they hit the tollbooth. The highest speed recorded here is 364 km/h by a BMW 650i on April 17, 2008 along the stretch of San Fernando to Pulilan exit.

Wow, just wow! I think this record could hold on for a long time.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I wonder if there are new records Ü

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Speed Limit
    80 km/h near Metro Manila, 100 km/h in rural areas, but 120 km/h is permitted. Speed limits are strictly enforced via CCTV cameras, and speeders are usually identified as soon as they hit the tollbooth. However, this hasn't stopped the road from being a popular spot for people to test high end sports cars. The highest recorded speed on the NLEx is 320 kph by a modified Nissan Skyline GT-R.

pabago-bago, although this skyline has a youtube link.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Fastest Speed Recorded In North Luzon Expressway