New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    hi guys, sorry if this was already asked but i tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find any.

to all that have just gotten or are in the process of getting a brand new car, is it true that if you are getting the new plates from LTO (ones that have the new format), you are not allowed to choose the plate ending? tinanong ko kasi sa SA ko at ang sabi niya hindi na daw pwede ito. Can somebody confirm if this is true?

also, can conduction sticker numbers be changed? the car is still in the casa waiting to be released.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    hi guys, sorry if this was already asked but i tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find any.

to all that have just gotten or are in the process of getting a brand new car, is it true that if you are getting the new plates from LTO (ones that have the new format), you are not allowed to choose the plate ending? tinanong ko kasi sa SA ko at ang sabi niya hindi na daw pwede ito. Can somebody confirm if this is true?

also, can conduction sticker numbers be changed? the car is still in the casa waiting to be released.

thanks!

1. you are not allowed to choose the plate ending?
    Since you will be receiving the new plate number, expect that you will not be allowed to select your ending number (with pay, alam mo naman ang LagayanTradingOffice have many ways to make money), if you are not willing to pay LTO will provide you the first manufactured plates.

2. can conduction sticker numbers be changed?
    Conduction stickers are tied with the car engine and body, if you want a different conduction sticker, better inform your SA of your preferred ending, otherwise upon delivery if you did not like the conduction sticker ending do not accept the car and ask for another car.
    Last edited by Manilablock; April 2nd, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    1. you are not allowed to choose the plate ending?
    Since you will be receiving the new plate number, expect that you will not be allowed to select your ending number (with pay, alam mo naman ang LagayanTradingOffice have many ways to make money), if you are not willing to pay LTO will provide you the first manufactured plates.

2. can conduction sticker numbers be changed?
    Conduction stickers are tied with the car engine and body, if you want a different conduction sticker, better inform your SA of your preferred ending, otherwise upon delivery if you did not like the conduction sticker ending do not accept the car and ask for another car.
    Thanks bro! I just talked to my SA and he said that there was a memo released by LTO saying that requests for plate ending are not allowed for now. I was willing to pay pero ganun daw talaga.

On the bright side, most likely May daw marerehistro yung kotse kaya malabo na maging Thursday or Friday ang coding ko, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    Thanks bro! I just talked to my SA and he said that there was a memo released by LTO saying that requests for plate ending are not allowed for now. I was willing to pay pero ganun daw talaga.

On the bright side, most likely May daw marerehistro yung kotse kaya malabo na maging Thursday or Friday ang coding ko, which is what I'm trying to avoid.
    what i understand is, you can still choose your ending number. but the price has increased to 15K at least. vanity plate na ang dating...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what i understand is, you can still choose your ending number. but the price has increased to 15K at least. vanity plate na ang dating...
    Wow ang mahal. In that case daanin ko na lang sa dasal haha. To hell with that 15k. Thanks sir!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    dati pa naman yan eh, bawal mamili ng ending number kaya lagay ko kung gusto mo mamili, ang nangyari lang ngayon eh humigpit kaya kahit lagay di na pwede. kaya dun ka sa 2nd option which is vanity plate. so di lang ending number pwede mo piliin.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    hi..newbie here...kaka release lang din ng car ko just yesterday, pinapili naman ako ng ending ng plate number ko ng SA ko. 7 ang pinili ko and nasunod naman sya.. sa Mitsubishi Valle Verde ko po nakuha ang car ko..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by anicandy View Post
    hi..newbie here...kaka release lang din ng car ko just yesterday, pinapili naman ako ng ending ng plate number ko ng SA ko. 7 ang pinili ko and nasunod naman sya.. sa Mitsubishi Valle Verde ko po nakuha ang car ko..
    ABC123 ba un format ng plate mo o un bago na ABC1234

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    forget about the ending number, hayop sa bilis ang SA mo! kakarelease lang ng kotse may plate number kagad kinabukasan?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Galing nga ng SA mo! 1 day processing and releasing of plate! dapat i Guinness Book of World Record iyan! yun iba dyan, umabot ng 1 year wala pa maibigay yun plate!��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast