New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    I'm not riding the owner's manual so its a non factor for me.

I also dont trust the PMS records of the previous owner so i change all consumables and fluids immediately after the sale.

And always bring a mechanic so you cant be easily fooled.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Bringing mechanic when buying on a 2nd hand car dealer is really necessary? I mean, some car dealer are confident that the unit they sold is in good condition. They offer money back guarantee if you found out that there's a problem on the unit you purchased on them. Just asking.

To be honest, wala kasi akong kilalang trusted mechanic na pwede sumama sakin. May mga nababalitaan din ako na may "abutan" na nagaganap between mechanic and the seller para lang mabenta yung unit. So parang mas kampante ako na ako nalang mismo yun titingin ng unit, although hindi ako marunong tumingin, magbe-base lang din ako sa mga nakikita ko sa iba't ibang sources kung pano tumingin ng unit when buying.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Bringing mechanic when buying on a 2nd hand car dealer is really necessary? I mean, some car dealer are confident that the unit they sold is in good condition. They offer money back guarantee if you found out that there's a problem on the unit you purchased on them. Just asking.

To be honest, wala kasi akong kilalang trusted mechanic na pwede sumama sakin. May mga nababalitaan din ako na may "abutan" na nagaganap between mechanic and the seller para lang mabenta yung unit. So parang mas kampante ako na ako nalang mismo yun titingin ng unit, although hindi ako marunong tumingin, magbe-base lang din ako sa mga nakikita ko sa iba't ibang sources kung pano tumingin ng unit when buying.
    if you do not trust your mekaniko, then there is no point in bringing him.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you do not trust your mekaniko, then there is no point in bringing him.
    heh heh.
    But do you think its okay? I mean, it is good enough to trust your car dealer? Hahahaha sorry, stupid question.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    But do you think its okay? I mean, it is good enough to trust your car dealer? Hahahaha sorry, stupid question.
    the car seller's main interest is his earnings.
    your welfare is ... an incidental.

bring along someone.
    it's nice to have a devil's advocate along... someone who's not blinded by the excitement in driving off with the car.
    pay the mekaniko a thousing bucks. the worst that can happen, is you get to spend a thousing bucks more for the car.
    but if the mechanic says, "the suspension is shot; we'd have to spend 5K to fix it, sir", and you haggle with the seller, and get 4K discount... then you get to save 3K net.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    but if the mechanic says, "the suspension is shot; we'd have to spend 5K to fix it, sir", and you haggle with the seller, and get 4K discount... then you get to save 3K net.
    Didn't get this sir

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Didn't get this sir
    you hire the mechanic for a thousand pesos, to scrutinize the car.
    mechanic examines the car, and declares that the suspension is in bad shape... that if you buy the car, you'll have to spend 5K pesos to fix the suspension.
    you mention this to the seller.. you haggle for discount, and seller lowers his price by 4K pesos.
    deducting 1000 pesos from your 4000 peso discount, you come out paying 3000 pesos less, compared to if you hadn't gotten a mechanic to help you.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    you hire the mechanic for a thousand pesos, to scrutinize the car.
    mechanic examines the car, and declares that the suspension is in bad shape... that if you buy the car, you'll have to spend 5K pesos to fix the suspension.
    you mention this to the seller.. you haggle for discount, and seller lowers his price by 4K pesos.
    deducting 1000 pesos from your 4000 peso discount, you come out paying 3000 pesos less, compared to if you hadn't gotten a mechanic to help you.
    I see. Now I get it. So it is really better to bring a mechanic. Maybe I should find a trusted mechanic tho. Thanks sir!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I see. Now I get it. So it is really better to bring a mechanic. Maybe I should find a trusted mechanic tho. Thanks sir!
    alas!
    not all mechanics are created equal.
    some are more equal than others.
    parang duktor din sila. may "specialty". suspension.. engine.. electrical.. etc.
    good luck, sir.

anyone know how to contact "trusted-mechanics-are-us" ?

heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005

Yes. Still bring your mechanic. Usually bayanseller yung mga 2nd hand dealer. Yung mga problems or issue sa kotse tinatago nila. Minsan inaatras pa ang odometer.

Yung repair na gagawin nila yung "pambenta" meaning lahat remedyo.

And remember and usual line sa deed of sale is "AS IS, WHERE IS" so basically, after you sign, bahala ka na sa buhay mo at sa kotse na binili mo.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Yes. Still bring your mechanic. Usually bayanseller yung mga 2nd hand dealer. Yung mga problems or issue sa kotse tinatago nila. Minsan inaatras pa ang odometer.

Yung repair na gagawin nila yung "pambenta" meaning lahat remedyo.

And remember and usual line sa deed of sale is "AS IS, WHERE IS" so basically, after you sign, bahala ka na sa buhay mo at sa kotse na binili mo.

OT na pala tayo. Driving school yung topic eh hehehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast