New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

On intersections with the traffic light switched already to intermittent (flashing red), make sure to do a complete stop before crossing. Most cities/counties have infrared cameras to take pictures of erring motorists.
    And if it is inevitable, SMILE! You're on camera!...

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Never, never speed up over the limit on a school zone (25 mph).
    Bro - Amen!!! No higher than 25mph....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Dami ko kilala sa US na hindi take 1 in getting a US license kaya kinakabahan ako. Yung sa Pilipinas kasi, walang bumabagsak, nakapaskil ba naman sa wall ng exam room ang sagot Practical exam wala man lang parking test.
    My relatives used to say, kapag sa pilipinas ka nahasa, may chance kang bumagsak.
    Old habits drive hard.

Kaya practice "proper driving" na muna dito. Yun nga lang, honk honk ang maririnig mo. Plus the hairy eyeball.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks everyone for the tips! I will definitely study the DMV manual and start watching youtube videos re the practical exam.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    My relatives used to say, kapag sa pilipinas ka nahasa, may chance kang bumagsak.
    Old habits drive hard.

Kaya practice "proper driving" na muna dito. Yun nga lang, honk honk ang maririnig mo. Plus the hairy eyeball.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    This is what I'm afraid of. I've been driving since I was 16, literally tumanda na ko sa pagmamaneho ditto. Though I would like to believe that I am a courteous driver and NOT an ahole dbag on the road. But there are some rules that are not common sense kasi.

Does anyone remember the post na 4 vehicles arrive at the same time on an intersection, who goes first? Kahit sa page ni James Deakin, dami nag away dun LOL

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    A driver must yield the right-of-way to other drivers or pedestrians:

-When making a right turn on a red light after a complete stop.

-After coming to a complete stop at an intersection where there is a stop sign or flashing red signal. If there is no stop line, stop before the crosswalk. If there is no crosswalk or stop line, stop at a place where all approaching traffic can be seen.

-When making a left turn on a red light after a stop from a one-way street to another one-way street with traffic moving to the left.

-When more than one driver reaches a four-way stop intersection. The first driver to stop should be the first to go. When two vehicles on different roadways arrive at a four-way stop intersection at the same time, the vehicle on the left should yield to the vehicle on the right.

-When two vehicles on different roadways reach an uncontrolled intersection at the same time. The vehicle on the left should yield to the vehicle on the right.

-To oncoming traffic when making a left-hand turn. If you enter an intersection while the light is green, you may finish your turn even though the light turns red.

-To through traffic when approaching a MERGE sign. You must increase or decrease your speed to avoid a crash.

-When approaching a YIELD sign. You should slow down or stop to avoid a crash.

-Even after the light turns green when there are vehicles in the intersection.

-When emerging from an alley, building, private road or driveway after coming to a complete stop.

-To cross traffic when on the terminating highway of a “T” intersection with no traffic control signs or signals.

-When approaching emergency vehicles using audible and visual signals.

Taken from: Illinois Right of Way Laws | Illinois Driving Laws

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tips! I will definitely study the DMV manual and start watching youtube videos re the practical exam.

This is what I'm afraid of. I've been driving since I was 16, literally tumanda na ko sa pagmamaneho ditto. Though I would like to believe that I am a courteous driver and NOT an ahole dbag on the road. But there are some rules that are not common sense kasi.

Does anyone remember the post na 4 vehicles arrive at the same time on an intersection, who goes first? Kahit sa page ni James Deakin, dami nag away dun LOL
    Eventually you will learn. In case you get caught you can always use the new driver excuse. Anyway i am sure you will do everything to drive properly as what new drivers always do. Ganyan din ako nun sa SG, super bait nung una. Well mabait pa rin naman up to my last drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Take 3 ako sa practical test sa CA.

1, pag labas pa lang ng dmv nataon na nag-GO yung lane sa right e magle-left turn ako from dmv parking lot. So i had to wait in the middle of the street. The rest of the 20 or so minutes were ok (pinatapos naman nung examiner yung test) pero sabi yun daw offense dun sa first 10 seconds di pwede palampasin. Otherwise i did ok.

2. Pag sakay pa lang nung examiner bagsak na agad ako. May rosary ako sa rear view mirror. Oh well, pinoy eh!

3. Slow and sure this time. I just drove. Nagkwekwentuhan lang kami nung examiner. She gave instructions well in advance (e.g., "make a left at the next intersection", "do a u-turn after that alley").

Illinois? That was were i did a 80 mph 720 degree spin on the freeway on my way back to california. Ice. Ended up in a ditch with broken wheel lugs.

Ingat sa bridges. That is where the ice form especially at night. The bridge cools down faster than the roadway as there is cold air above and below. Always make sure you have the right winter tires. And slow down.

I had to present my ph dl on 2 occasions, in arizona and in illinois. They did not even bothered with the international dl. It was the ph dl they checked. In arizona it was a near miss - the car in front of me and the 18-wheeler behind me collided, i was able to escape being sandwiched by going to the side.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Driving Abroad/International Driving Permit